If Indy were SMART,Addai would be the starter !!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

If Indy were SMART,Addai would be the starter !!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

If Indy were SMART,Addai would be the starter !!!!!!

Postby Crystalstorm » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:57 pm

Addai is better than Rhodes in every aspect of the game !!!!!!!

Why they starty Rhodes is beyond me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How DUMB is Dungy ?????????

I'm sick of Dungy being a being stupid !!!!!!
Addai could put up James #'s if he started ALL the time,Rhodes SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SunnydaleSpike » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:13 pm

I feel your pain man.
I simply cannot understand why Rhodes continues to get half the touches.
Neil Young haunts my nightmares.
SunnydaleSpike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:53 pm

It doesn't make sense to me, and it frustrates me beyond belief. Addai is twice the back Rhodes is, and maybe now that they lost with a lackluster offense, they will turn it over to Addai to carry the load.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikey » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:01 pm

I think it would be one thing if Addai was faltering in one aspect of the game, say blocking. But from what I can see and from what I have read, Addai picks up the blocking schemes better than Rhodes, he has surer hands than Rhodes, and runs with more authority than Rhodes, both between the tackles and on the stretch runs.

This one baffles me.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:03 pm

Rhodes had a few good runs tonight.

I'm pretty sure the coaches who get to watch Rhodes and Addai practice every week know a little bit more then some fantasy owners.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Humpback » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:06 pm

I actually think it's smart (and it's not just because I own Rhodes in a very deep league, lol). Addai does look better than Rhodes, but he's still a rookie, a rookie who wasn't even a workhorse in college. The NFL is a whole different ballgame- bigger, faster, stronger, way more games, etc. They want to keep both guys fresh, especially since they're going to the playoffs. Rhodes isn't a bad player either, by the way, he's just not quite as good as Addai. From a FF perspective, it stinks, but from a pure football perspective, I think it makes perfect sense. Heck, they just lost their first game tonight, so it can't be hurting them too bad.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby mattb47 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:22 am

I've said this for a few weeks now....and I still think it's true. I think that Indy is using Rhodes plenty in that offense still to keep Addai fresh for the playoffs. They know they'll need a running game in the playoffs to stay alive, and with Addai having looked much better than Rhodes running the football, they are able to have him with fresher legs when they'll need him the most. Not great for fantasy owners, but it's a smart way to use a rookie RB I think.

EDIT:

And really, there's no need to bash on a class act coach like Dungy. Of all the guys to call things like stupid and dumb, you picked probably one of the coaches with the most character in the entire NFL. There's a reason he's the head coach for a 9-1 team and you're not..... :-t :-t :-t
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PyRo8 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:51 am

last 2 guys hit it bingo. they'd rather keep addai fresh so he can be used in the playoffs instead of hitting that rookie wall and then they'd have a nonexistent running game in the playoffs. sorry if DUMB dungy doesnt care for your fantasy teams.
PyRo8
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:39 am

i can't wait till they bring in Jim Sorgi. That will teach all of you Dungy bashers ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:16 pm

I do think that Dungy is doing the right thing by splitting the carries so Addai doesn't get burned out and can't be used in the playoffs.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Next

Return to Football Talk