McNabb Owners: What to do next? Who to turn to? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNabb Owners: What to do next? Who to turn to?

Moderator: Football Moderators

McNabb Owners: What to do next? Who to turn to?

Postby Hanz » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:13 pm

McNabb carried us into the playoffs but we need a QB to win it for us. Who are you guys turning to? Do you have a servicable backup? or did you use that roster spot on another position like me thinking McNabb would solve your QB troubles.

Who are you guys turning to or looking at?

Chad Pennington
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Alex Smith
Joey Harrington
Bruce Gradkowski
Jeff Garcia
Jason Campbell
Hanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby alecspade » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:23 pm

I picked up Kitna for the Week 9 start and held on to him for a week. I dropped him during the week because McNabb was solid. Somebody picked him up THIS MORNING. Ugh.

For next week, favorable matchups are Harrington @ DET and Frye vs CIN. I really like Campbell but he's up against CAR. Same for Losman vs JAX.
alecspade
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby frogfan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:26 pm

I was able to pick up Hasselback off the wire a few weeks ago and stash him...now looks like I made the right decision...hoping he is ready to go next week.
frogfan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:10 pm

I'm turning to Jim.

Jim Beam. :,-(
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:15 pm

awwchrist wrote:I'm turning to Jim.

Jim Beam. :,-(

Haha.

Maybe look at Garrard or Tony Romo if they're available. If you're in a deep league hopefully you have a backup who can play. I think Joey Harrington and Matt Leinart are decent options, while Alex Smith and Chad pennington could be played based on matchups. I wouldn't mess around with those other guys unless you really don't have a choice.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:49 pm

I have Rivers as my backup, but I am liking the looks of Jim Beam more. Good tip by awwchrist. ;-D
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikey » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:51 pm

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Jeff Garcia might be a decent option if your wire is thin. The Eagles under Reid are still a pass-first offense (Garcia threw 48 times, albeit they were behind), and while we can't expect nearly the same production from Garcia as McNabb, keep in mind that Garcia has had periods in his career where he has been more than serviceable. I know recent history (the Lions) doesn't bode well for Garcia, but he was a mid-season replacement there last year and didn't have the scheme or the talent to succeed in that situation.

Again, he won't be your savior, but he could help you tread water if you're in a deep league without a lot of options.

Now please take my advice for what it's worth. I'm in a bit of state of shock -- having lost McNabb, Colston and K. Jones today.

Good luck.
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dunbar2000 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:45 pm

"You can not replace a Donovan McNabb"

F that, you can find someone serviceable

http://www.fftoday.com has a strength of schedule and best fantasy points for players. Check your own stuff for matchups.

Aaron Brooks goes against SDiego which has allowed most pts for QBs next week, but no thank you,.....yet.

Man, this is a crap shoot and a half. Based on passing D's, Im thinking Matt Leinart and Harrington for the long haul, with much confidence being placed on Leinart, some Harrington and yes, some with Aaron Brooks That is out of :

Losman
Leinart
Brooks
Alex Smith
Garrard
VYoung
JHarrington

As for next week, uhm, Joey Harrington vs. the Lions? Hell, its on Thanksgiving, why the heck not? But the main man (who I already own but might have been dropped in a league)

Rank of passing D's Leinart still faces
Vikes 23,
Rams 10,
Seahawks22
Bronocs 24
49ers 27
Leinart looks like an OK week 12,14,15 (although Denver worries me, so what if they are 24th against the pass),16 play.

Rank of passing D's Harrington faces

Yet, the Pats, Bills, Jets are divisional rivals and the last three. Could be OK vs the Bills in week 15 to start inplace of Leinart? Once again, Turkey Dya,I mean, what the hell? It will give you a reason to watch Miami/Detroit right ?

As for Brooks, I cant believe Im saying this, week 13 vs Texans and 14 vs the Bengals?? He looked serviceable today, those pass D's are horrendous. I wouldnt expect more than 20 pts but if you have a strong team, that could be all you need. Suggestions? Im just rambling trying to think of something. Im a Westbrook owner as well.
Last edited by Dunbar2000 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:56 pm

Joey Harrington will save my season...

eh, who am I kidding...
Amazing Oopah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dunbar2000 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:59 pm

LOL, Im trying to be optimistic. On my league message board Im going to be talking a ton of sarcastic crap, copying formats of newspaper articles and talking about how Leinart is best human being ever, and have fun with it. Im pissed and just trying to have a laugh (BUT IM NOT GIVING UP)

Harrington next week would at least be fun, or lead to vomiting or an ulcer.

Leinart might just be ok.

Brooks would just be ridiculous.
Last edited by Dunbar2000 on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk