Thoughts on Alexander . . . - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Alexander . . .

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Leber » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:39 am

Wesley Walker wrote:40 carries for the guy with the fractured foot. Pretty smart.

Yeah, that seems pretty odd that they would give him such a heavy load after coming back from a foot injury. But the good part about him receiving that many carries is that it shows that he can handle that many carries in a game. It's going to be interesting to see how SA plays next week with a shorter week to recover.
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:26 am

Goes to show he truly has recovered. And I wouldn't question Holmgren's play calling, the guy's a HoF coach for sure and he has taken a team from mediocrity to excellence not once but twice, with the Pack and the Hawks. As a Hawks fan I have all the respect in the world for Holmgren, and never second-guess his playcalling. He's obviously doing something right, he took my team from Insignificantville to the Super Bowl. ;-D
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:24 am

moochman wrote:I'll have to see SA have a great game before I believe he will. He hasn't run hard all season, and the Pack aren't patsies against the run. Maybe if the passing game gets Seattle off to a big lead early SA will get the chance.

I'll try and type as clearly as I can with my foot firmly planted in my mouth!

SA looked awful strong last night. Little concerned about how much he was used, seemed excessive given the score.
If Hasslebeck can return to form the C-Hacks could mount a decent playoff run.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Wesley Walker » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:38 am

Having picked up an injured SA for cheap, to go along with my LT (life is tough, I know), my hope is that the 40 carries will prove to be an indication of SA's foot being healed. Only time will tell, though.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby ampant » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:48 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Wesley Walker wrote:40 carries for the guy with the fractured foot. Pretty smart.

Just what I was thinking... Nothing like learning from your past mistakes Holmgren :-?

I think of it as "40 carries from last year's rushing champ with the fully healed foot, fresh legs, and no wear and tear." ;-D
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:55 am

Anyone worried about his next game at Denver? Because I'm a bit worried. :-o
And not entirely sold just yet, that he's back to his MVP form. :-?

SA looked good last night, but Denver's defense is a different animal, weather may not be a factor, and Seattle is on the road. I'm not quite ready to believe that Seattle's o-line inconsistency is suddenly gone either. So I'm not all too confident about starting him over FWP and Gore who have good matchups of their own, like I would if I had LT/2 or LJ who have proven this season that matchups don't matter for them.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby onnestabe » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:11 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Anyone worried about his next game at Denver? Because I'm a bit worried. :-o
And not entirely sold just yet, that he's back to his MVP form. :-?

SA looked good last night, but Denver's defense is a different animal, weather may not be a factor, and Seattle is on the road. I'm not quite ready to believe that Seattle's o-line inconsistency is suddenly gone either. So I'm not all too confident about starting him over FWP and Gore who have good matchups of their own, like I would if I had LT/2 or LJ who have proven this season that matchups don't matter for them.

I think you should be worried about it. Green Bay's defense is young with some talent, Denver's is experienced with more talent. The best linebacking group in the league isn't going to allow SA to cut back for the big gains like GB did.

Also, if you are making a list of the toughest places to play an away game, Denver is pretty close to the top of that list. The best thing that can happen for SA is for Cutler to make some rookie mistakes early so Seattle can get ahead and pound the rock to kill the clock.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby biju » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:17 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Anyone worried about his next game at Denver? Because I'm a bit worried. :-o

Well, I know I'm a bit worried. Denver has been pretty tough against us for years (when we were in the AFC) and they've looked tough against the run this year so far. If there's anything I'm glad to see is that Denver is deciding to start Cutler this week. He might be an upgrade on Jake, but everyone needs to remember this will be his first NFL game and I think he's going to go through some pains even with a fairly porous Seattle D.

beanoX3 wrote:And not entirely sold just yet, that he's back to his MVP form. :-?

I think this is a case of what we have all seen the past few years. Willis McGahee's last half finish comes to mind as well as LJ's season last year too. Even though I worry about his health (and 40 carries was really stupid IMO) I think he's fresh and in for some big weeks. Hopefully that will also come at the hands of Denver as well.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bowie » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:51 pm

Wesley Walker wrote:Having picked up an injured SA for cheap, to go along with my LT (life is tough, I know), my hope is that the 40 carries will prove to be an indication of SA's foot being healed. Only time will tell, though.

I'm in the same situation. I am still not convinced enough to play Alexander this week at Denver. I think I am sticking with LT2 and Gore for one more week. If Alexander looks good again, then I might make a change.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:04 pm

I'm convinced. I think the WORST he'll manage against Denver is 75 and a td. Cutler should make at least one or two mistakes, and the Hawks should be able to get at least 2 or 3 td's, of which I imagine at least one would go to SA.

Ah, I am truly an optimist. :-]
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk