Cowher - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cowher

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:41 am

Dennis Green ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Keyser_WV » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:38 am

If Cowher leaves Wisenhunt will get the job.

I don't see them going outside of the organization.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mattb47 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:22 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:Dennis Green ;-D

Please no..... 8-o
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Blackhawk » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:21 am

mysticphysh wrote:What about one of the co-os? Lebeau had his shot at head coaching, and that didn't work out to well. Then there's Wisenhunt. Maybe he was promised the HC job this past off season and that's why he didn't bail to go to another team this past offseason...hmmm.... oh, and because the main team interested in him was Oakland, and I don't blame him for not going to that mess.

Anyways, i'd put my lots in as Wisenhunt being the main candidate IF cowher bolts.

I agree 100%. I thought that about Wisenhunt when the rumors started before the season. No way they go after Gruden or Green.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for this awesome sig!
Blackhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:58 pm

just a prediction... He retires at the end of the year, and after a year off becomes the successor to Parcells in Dallas.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BigMusky » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:14 pm

I thought the whole rumor started with the Bus this preseason and gained some momentum because of the struggles they had, i dont see him leaving.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcmill3 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:19 pm

The rumors started before the Bus. The Bus announced on National TV that he thought this was Cowher's last year. I've heard other talk of Charlie Weis. The rumor mentioned he was in talks at this time with Notre Dame, trying to get out of the contract. I don't see him wanting to leave the gig he has.

My guess is Wisenhunt would get the job. I think this is Cowher's last year.
mcmill3
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:01 pm

mcmill3 wrote:Nothing recent and no links since the beginning of the season, just lot's of rumors going around.

That's all it is is rumors. People put together the two facts of him buying a house in Carolina and the fact that he only has two years remaining on his contract. He and the Steelers have never let it get down to less than 2 years. The only thing Cowher mentioned when questioned about it was that he wanted his contracts to go from year to year at this point. He has however never mentioned retiring.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:30 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
mcmill3 wrote:Nothing recent and no links since the beginning of the season, just lot's of rumors going around.

That's all it is is rumors. People put together the two facts of him buying a house in Carolina and the fact that he only has two years remaining on his contract. He and the Steelers have never let it get down to less than 2 years. The only thing Cowher mentioned when questioned about it was that he wanted his contracts to go from year to year at this point. He has however never mentioned retiring.

He did admit that he and Bettis talked about it after the SB. He was kind of man at Bettis for talking about it on air because it was a conversation between friends.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:37 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:

He did admit that he and Bettis talked about it after the SB. He was kind of man at Bettis for talking about it on air because it was a conversation between friends.

That's right, I do remember that now. ;-D

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk