Germany or Florida? (Answered!) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Germany or Florida? (Answered!)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Germany or Florida?

Germany
33%
Florida
67%

Total votes : 18

Germany or Florida? (Answered!)

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:12 pm

Germany or Florida Article wrote:Somewhere in the world named Germany or Florida. - Three burglars broke into a pet store and snatched two teacup-size terrier puppies, valued at approximately EUR2000 or USD2500 each, in a heist caught on video, police said Friday.

The owner of the store said the thieves used a concrete block to bash in the front door early Wednesday and appeared to know exactly where to find the puppies.

Police said that was because they had cased the store a few days earlier and were caught on surveillance video during that visit, too.

No immediate arrests were made.

"I feel bad for these puppies, because they are very sensitive," the owner said Friday. "The people who stole them to make money are not going to worry about how to care for them, which they can easily die."

Surveillance video of the heist showed a white truck backed up close to the store as two of the men rushed straight to the rear, where the high-priced puppies were in a display window. In a matter of minutes, the men walked away with male and female purebreds.

The owner showed the police another video of what appeared to be the same men visiting the shop during store hours Monday with their eyes set on the puppies. The video showed one of the men playing with a dog, and a clerk warning the man after he had slipped through the marked "employees-only" door to get a closer look.

"They came a few days ago and cased out the store," a police spokesman said. "They figured out where the merchandise was. They found out specifically what room they were in, how to open the cage."
Last edited by lmcjaho on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eman » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:50 pm

Sounds like an only in America type thing to me. :)
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:42 pm

Florida ;-D

Im gonna see if I can go 2-0 at this game :-o ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:08 am

Since the last one was Germany, this one should be Florida. Final answer. Playing the odds. :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:03 am

This is harder than the last one.

1) They used a concrete block to smash windows in. I have no idea if concrete blocks are commonly used building materials in Germany, but they're used everywhere here. (Leans slightly towards Florida)

2) I didn't find one flag in the story that might indicate this happened over seas. This means either lmcjaho did a really good job of Americanizing it, OR it happened here in Florida.

I'm about 70% sure it's Florida.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:09 am

Yeah finding the hint(if there is one)is beyond me. Being that the last one was Germany and most people would suspect this one to be Florida I'm gonna say Germany. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:18 am

Florida, because he started with the euro cost then the USD
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Germany or Florida? (deadline is Nov 20 10pm EST)

Postby knapplc » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:31 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Germany or Florida Article wrote:"I feel bad for these puppies, because they are very sensitive," the owner said Friday. "The people who stole them to make money are not going to worry about how to care for them, which they can easily die."

Nice grammar. That about seals my vote. ;-7
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:45 pm

Yea, I'm gonna go with Germany on this one because people will assume it can't be it twice. Another reason too, but I don't want to influence the decisions of others.

BTW, is this always going to be Germany or Florida?
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:49 pm

beanoX3 wrote:Yea, I'm gonna go with Germany on this one because people will assume it can't be it twice. Another reason too, but I don't want to influence the decisions of others.

BTW, is this always going to be Germany or Florida?

That's the name of the game. ;-)

Here is an explanation of the origins of GoF.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk