A fair trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A fair trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

A fair trade?

Postby kjzoo » Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:19 pm

Just wondering what you think a good trade would be for Peyton Manning... I listed the players that I currently have in a message that I posted yesterday, entitled "Please evaluate this team....". I proposed to give up Duce Staley and Tiki Barber for Manning...should I offer more? The guy I'm offering them to has Donovan McNabb and Brian Griese as his other QBs. Thanks in advance for any help.
kjzoo
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cwebb » Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:38 pm

The other guy might be loaded at Qb but not stupid, and accepting Barber and Staley would be stupid, a guy like Manning could get him a real top RB.

How's his RB situation? Maybe he needs a WR more desperate?!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shade Shadowbane » Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:53 pm

Another thing to think about... with those 3 QB's, 2 will remain on the bench... which means you don't have to deal with McNabb or Griese's numbers on other teams...

He obviously opted to draft QB's instead of other positions... which will hurt if you only start 1 QB in your league...

Let him feel that pain... odds are, in head to head, you'll beat him... the real quesion is... who is YOUR QB currently?

SS
Shade Shadowbane
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Picklejuice » Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:38 pm

Ideally you'd like him to sit on those QB's a while before he realizes that its costing him points. But if he starts going after trades with other guys first, you could miss your chance. try and see who he is going to start. most would start Manning and sit McNabb - but i would try and get McNabb. His stock goes up with Freeman in the mix and not everyone knows that. Look for where is his most deficient and make an offer in that area. With those QB's he's got to be missing something. Offer what is fair - but not too much. He will feel the pain of overloading 1 position soon. If he takes a loss after week 1 - go after him, he'll be more motivated.
Picklejuice
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Riggo » Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:46 pm

If you offered me Duce and Tiki for Manning, I wouldn't talk trades with you for the rest of the year. Get a clue, Manning will probably double both of their Fantasy points combined at the end of the year. Duce will be hurt in no time and Tiki share time with Dayne. He would probably not even give you McNabb for those two.

My guess is he will want alot more and even if he does accept it the league will object to the deal.
Riggo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk