Who will be the RB trinity next season??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who will be the RB trinity next season???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who will be the RB trinity next season???

Postby deacon » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:52 pm

There was no doubt that the top three stud RBs were LJ, Alexander, and LT2 this year. It is also apparent that LT2 and LJ will remain but who will be the prize of the #3 pick next year?

Even before his injury Alexander was not putting up anywhere near stud numbers. Does he keep his status in the trinity?

If not then who steps up to fill the role?

SJax - he is good at receiving but is not putting up rushing numbers and doesn't score enough TDs.

R. Brown - too many question marks with the fins offense and what is with the slow start every year?

Portis - what will WAS look like next year with a new QB and he didn't exactly tear up the league while playing this year.

K. Jones - DET is just too inconsistent on O and with Martz as OC he will never get many carries.

It's suprising to say but by the numbers it looks like F. Gore might be the next great fantasy stud RB but can you really trust the SF O to be consistent each week?

Are we looking at potentially only a 2 headed monster at the top of the RB draft next year???
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tclangham » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:54 pm

I think FWP will be that third running back along with K. Jones.
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:55 pm

It is defintely going to be LT2 and LJ far and above everyone else.

Those other guys mentioned will almost all be first round backs but having a top 2 pick next year should be a huge advantage.

One thing about Gore, he should remain effective as long as Jonas Jennings and Larry Allen stay healthy on the left side of that offensive line.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:55 pm

I think it's a 2-headed monster, the top 2 picks will be LT and LJ, most likely in that order. If anyone sneaks in, it may be S-Jax, although he won't be considered part of the "Big 3" going into the year. But with his rush/receive skills and the fact that he gets goal line carries in a notoriously potent offense, he could become part of the Trinity of backs.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:56 pm

If ANYONE, My vote goes to Fast Willie, gotta love those heavy run first offenses
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bowie » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:56 pm

It could be a two person tier. Otherwise, I think by next year SA might still be #3, just not on the same tier as LT2 and LJ.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:33 pm

Bowie wrote:It could be a two person tier. Otherwise, I think by next year SA might still be #3, just not on the same tier as LT2 and LJ.

I agree. It's LT2, LJ and............................................................................................................................Alexander the Grape at this point. With two injuries this season, Portis' rank will be dropped by a lot of people. SJ and FWP is quickly moving up.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bdrotoronto » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:39 pm

If SA is healthy then he should still be a good pick as the 3rd RB taken. None of the other alternatives really have the same kind of ceiling. Even before last year's record-setting season he was still a top-5 pick pretty much every year.
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Leber » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:03 am

I'm not too sure that there is going to be a RB trinity next year. LJ has been pretty good this year, LT2 has been spectacular and SA has been hurt. If LT2 finishes up this season well, then he will be the consensus #1 pick next year.
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:45 am

If the Stillers don't find another RB in the off-season and stabilize their D I could see Touchdown Willie Parker being the #3 player in hte draft.

LT and LJ would be 1 & 2 by a healthy margin.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk