Randy Moss wants to be traded - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss wants to be traded

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randy Moss wants to be traded

Postby stomperrob » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:29 am

Hard to believe he's not happy in Oakland! This from DraftCandy.com:

Saturday, November 18, 2006 5:43 PM
Raiders: MOSS WANTS TRADE

News: Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss is "tired" of the frustration he feels playing for a team that has won only six of 25 games since he joined the team before last season and is interested in being traded, he said on his weekly radio spot Friday. Moss is in his second season with the Raiders and hasn't managed to recapture the magic he showed for most of his seven seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. "It's done sort of set in, man, and I'm tired of it," Moss said on Fox Sports radio. "I might want to look forward to moving somewhere else next year to have another start and really feel good about going out here and playing football."
View: So be it. If he can regain that magic somewhere else, that will only make fantasy owners happier, 'cause the ones who have him this season are also "tired" of the lack of production.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:57 am

He really helped his trade value with his 0 catch performance yesterday. ;-7

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby RugbyD » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:18 am

what's the big deal? it a very captain-like request. ;-7
[b]Hermes[/b]: Just such the obstinancy that brought you here, to this self-willed calamitous anchorage.

[b]Prometheus[/b]: Be sure of this: when I set my misfortune against your slavery, I would not change.
RugbyD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:27 am

I say it's pretty reasonable. You had someone who before he got there was on the fast track to the HoF. And now he's getting used worse than a possession receiver. If you're not going to use him, then let him play somewhere else where he will be.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:40 am

He should've said something before the trade deadline now he needs to suck it up and wait until the off season before he can get moved. Plus he's hurting his own value with these pathetic performances.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:47 am

True. Timing is bad. Although he was obviously displeased throughout the season.

And to reiterate, I don't think that this is that selfish or terrible. It's just because it's an athlete that people zone in on it. But the former White House chef left/was dismissed because he was a gourmet chef and the President wanted grilled cheese (really). http://www.austin360.com/food_drink/con ... fbook.html And similar things happen in the professional world all the time where people move on b/c they feel that they're under-utilized.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:22 pm

Oh I get it, so Moss's attitude is all the Raiders' fault. Now I understand, thanks for shedding some light....

Guy is getting paid millions, and all of the Randy Moss apologists are shifting blame to the Raiders for cryin' out loud. Isn't the money enough motivation?
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:49 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:Isn't the money enough motivation?

Hah. And when Rasheed Wallace said he doesn't care as long as the team CTC (Cuts The Check) he gets labeled as greedy because all he cares about is money.

I'm not being a Moss apologist. I'm just being a realist. If you're talented at your profession, whatever that profession is, and you are put in a working environment where you can't shine, you're going to be unhappy and probably leave. It's not really fair to hate on athletes just because their work environments are out there in the public eye. Because everyone else does the same thing.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby a4ce » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:24 pm

Let's see. He's getting paid to do a job. He doesn't have to like it but he's getting paid to do a certain job and he should do it.

When you go out to a, let's say car wash, you pay your money and expect your car to get washed. I bet you'd get mad if your car remained dirty or if they did a bad job. Damn it, I paid you to wash my car.

When you go to work, are you happy ALL the time? How about Monday morning after partying all weekend? Or when all your buddies are going on a trip or something? Do you want to be there working? No, but it's your job. You get paid to go to work and fulfill your responsibilities. As an adult, you should have some sense of responsibilty. Moss is acting like a baby wouldn't you say? He is giving pro athletes a bad name. Making them seem like spoiled little mama's boys. Of course you have sick days but Moss ain't sick or anything.

I guess you could half-ass it at work but that is a reflection on you and your upbringing. Not your work place. And if you wanted to leave, wouldn't you do your best work as to make yourself marketable on the job market. Moss is sure making himself look like the second-coming, isn't he. This little tantrum is going to be in the back of every teams mind.

And to what Matthias wrote about everyone doing it. BS! Quitters do that. They go about their business and when the crap hits the fan, they bail. Moss was a CONTRIBUTOR to the demise of the Raiders. Not saying he was the only reason, but he didn't help.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:06 pm

I wouldn't call Rasheed Wallace greedy for saying "as long as they cut the check" as long as he was giving it some effort out there for his own sake and most importantly for his teammates' sake.

Maybe people who have actually played sports would appreciate how it feels when one of your teammates quits on you. Most people pretty much hate it, don't they? Why the f*** is the guy even there if he isn't interested? If I were the Raiders' people, I'd do what Gruden did to Keyshawn - just cut him loose and say we don't need you.
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk