Randy Moss wants to be traded - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss wants to be traded

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:22 pm

boyz35 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote: Which team is next Moss?
Good question. I say the Giants or Skins.

8-o whoa! If Campbell is the real deal, Moss squared, with ARE in the slot as a possession receiver, would be insane. The question would be, is Snyder dumb enough to overpay for another WR?

Giants are unlikely. They have Burress and Toomer who have performed as well as Moss barring injuries.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:35 pm

I wonder what would happen if Moss ended up on the Jets ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Smee » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:42 pm

Matthias wrote:True. Timing is bad. Although he was obviously displeased throughout the season.

And to reiterate, I don't think that this is that selfish or terrible. It's just because it's an athlete that people zone in on it. But the former White House chef left/was dismissed because he was a gourmet chef and the President wanted grilled cheese (really). http://www.austin360.com/food_drink/con ... fbook.html And similar things happen in the professional world all the time where people move on b/c they feel that they're under-utilized.

Interesting read, thanks.

Can anyone name any star player on a crappy team that's happy to be there? The only player I can think of is LT before the Chargers assembled a team, but he's a once in a lifetime player.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fantasizing » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:07 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
boyz35 wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote: Which team is next Moss?
Good question. I say the Giants or Skins.

8-o whoa! If Campbell is the real deal, Moss squared, with ARE in the slot as a possession receiver, would be insane. The question would be, is Snyder dumb enough to overpay for another WR?

Yes, that washington management is getting frustrated. I think they'd make a pitch for Moss. Will Moss be content with another rookie QB though?
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:57 am

The problem is... Moss looks bad right now. I don't think anybody would want him for his price...(Maybe Snyder, but why?) even though he's one of the top WR in the NFL, IMO..

Whoever siad the Chiefs, it makes perfect sense...do they have the cap room to get him/do they want to take the risk?

Also, is it any surprise that Moss hasn't done well in Oakland? Let's see, they have a line that can't block, and a QB that wasn't too mobile.. and no real other WR ON THE FIELD to speak of....

Hmm..he's the only threat to actually do something (other than the RB, but the poor O-Line takes him out of the equation) and he doesn't succeed...what a surprise...

I actually feel bad for Moss...hopefully he somehow gets out of there....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby a4ce » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:21 am

Matthias wrote:Either do the Bolts, actually. Moss on the Chargers would do bad, bad things to the rest of the league.

Never happens. You think that senile SOB Al Davis deals to a team in the same division? Same with the Chiefs. Hell no! If anything, he goes to the NFC.

If Moss really wants to get traded, he should play llike a WR that can catch a pass or at least battle for one. How many dropped passes? I'm not saying that Moss is the sole reason for the Raiders suck azz play but he's is part of it. Quit half-azzin it and catch the f'n ball. Maybe this is why they don't throw it to him anymore, he won't catch the ball. The AFC's version of Todd Stinkston. LOL

I hope they trade his sorry butt. I hope he goes the way of the Woodson. Take your millions and beat it. Good luck to whatever team gets him. He's on the down slope of his career.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:05 am

Andre Johnson is a perfect example of a great WR on a lousy team with not much around him who is doing well. You don't see him half-assing it. He catches 10-12 balls a game and I don't ever hear about him complaining.

Other examples: Anquan Boldin, Roy Williams, both playing for 2-8 teams - you could argue with better QB's, but still, you see them performing and you don't hear 'em bitchin'. In fact, Roy Williams does everything he can to pump up his teammates with his outlandish predictions for the team's success, etc.
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk