Westbrook Owners (and all FF players opinions welcome) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Westbrook Owners (and all FF players opinions welcome)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Westbrook Owners (and all FF players opinions welcome)

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:28 am

What are you going to do with him now that McNabb is hurt?

If you can still trade him are you going to try to move him.

I am on the fence.
I think he will actually get more touches, especially receptions so in PPR leagues his numbers should go up a little.

My concern is that they may use him so much that he'll break down when you need him in the playoff weeks

Would you keep him and ride him or dump him and try to get something of good value?
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Frozen#24 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:00 am

I am going to ride him. Westbrooks value has always came on big plays and the more touches he gets the more chances he has at big plays. He has had 22 carries the past two weeks and averaged about 5 ypc. Also, it is obvious that Garcia is going to throw to him. You can not assume that he is going to wear down and be worthless, all RB's wear down. For example, LJ is on pace to almost match the carries record, would you trade him. He has never played a full season before. Westbrook has seemed pretty health the past couple of weeks since his bye so we might as well ride him because you will not get anything near his value in return.
Frozen#24
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mattb47 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:22 am

Frozen#24 wrote:I am going to ride him. Westbrooks value has always came on big plays and the more touches he gets the more chances he has at big plays. He has had 22 carries the past two weeks and averaged about 5 ypc. Also, it is obvious that Garcia is going to throw to him. You can not assume that he is going to wear down and be worthless, all RB's wear down. For example, LJ is on pace to almost match the carries record, would you trade him. He has never played a full season before. Westbrook has seemed pretty health the past couple of weeks since his bye so we might as well ride him because you will not get anything near his value in return.

The assumption with Westbrook is much more valid that he'll break down seeing as how it always seems to happen year after year with him..... ;-)
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby krazyjoe8 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:34 am

I am gonna sit tight with B West. He should still have 100-150 all purpose yards a game and maybe a TD. He definitely lost a little value with McNabb out though.

I'd be worried if I have Stallworth or Reggie Brown because nobody throws the deep ball like McNabb and Feely or Garcia will maybe throw for 200 yards a game if they are lucky.

HOLLA IF YA NEED A SIG.
Go Eagles. Go Sixers. Go Phillies.
krazyjoe8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:39 am

I wouldn't trust Westy until I see what he does with Garcia in. They really have no passing game right now which may limit his effectiveness as a runner. Also the numbers of passes he catches may decrease (although it may also increase, you never know).
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:42 am

bobbing_headz wrote:I wouldn't trust Westy until I see what he does with Garcia in. They really have no passing game right now which may limit his effectiveness as a runner. Also the numbers of passes he catches may decrease (although it may also increase, you never know).

It will increase, he had a career high in receptions yesterday
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:59 am

Garcia was not accurate at all with his deep throws yesterday. LJ and Westbrook had high looks in the 2nd half. I would only think that would continue. Feeley is really no different if he gets the start - when he was in there a few years back for the Eagles it was all conservative dink and dunk type stuff.

My concern over Westy would be that once they are out of it, his battle with his current knee problems will not seem worth the effort. My opinion is he could have played last year with the foot injury but didn't bother since they had no chance with Mike McMahon.

If he hangs them up, I'm not sure who we'll see. I would like to see Moats, but I think he is in the dog house for a couple bonehead moves on special teams this year. Buck will get the most carries, but he would probably only be a flex option at best in fantasy.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk