Bulger, Holt, and the bunch: Worth it? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bulger, Holt, and the bunch: Worth it?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bulger, Holt, and the bunch: Worth it?

Postby Favre.com » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:51 pm

With Pace out Stl hasn't looked this bad in years. I checked the scheduleand Stl play WAS and OAK during the championship weeks. In other words, very easy matchups (WAS is dead last in sacks this year).

What do you see out out of Stl for the rest of the year?

Is it worth to suffer (predicted) mediocrity for the rest of the regular season if you are sure they will light up WAS and OAK?
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:52 pm

if your team is going to make the playoffs for sure, making a move for those players is great.

if you are fighting to get into the playoffs, you can't take a shot like that.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dunbar2000 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:53 pm

i dont know , are they going to be garbage vs. San Fran and the Cardinals? I think Bulger (just posted about this) and Holt are excellent buy lows. I have them both in one league, so maybe im telling myself that :).

SJax, Im worried about the run game more so but if you can get him low he's great. Anyone have something Im missing here? Two pathetic games, but it is the Rams and the Rams who were doing dang well recently.
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Favre.com » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:56 pm

Two pathetic games, but it is the Rams and the Rams who were doing dang well recently.

They wee dang good before they lost Pace. SJax is the only guy I am still not worried about actually.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Re: Bulger, Holt, and the bunch: Worth it?

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:02 pm

Favre.com wrote:With Pace out Stl hasn't looked this bad in years. I checked the scheduleand Stl play WAS and OAK during the championship weeks. In other words, very easy matchups (WAS is dead last in sacks this year).

What do you see out out of Stl for the rest of the year?

Is it worth to suffer (predicted) mediocrity for the rest of the regular season if you are sure they will light up WAS and OAK?

Good matchups? Washington maybe, but Oakland's O is so pathetic that it overshadows the fact that their D is actually pretty good. THey're 2nd in the league in passing yards given up. Top 15 in passing TDs given up. They're not very good in rushing yards allowed(6th from last), but have only given up 6 rushing TDs which is tied for 9th best.

On a sidenote, washington has only given up 3 rushing TDs thus far. On paper, SJax doesn't look like a good matchup those championship weeks.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:17 pm

I'm not liking being a Holt owner even more with Pace being out. Bulger was abused last week. Oakland's pass defense is pretty good anyway, so I probably wouldn't be looking to pick them up right now. :-/

On a side note, I would be looking to pick up SF's defense for this week. They are on a tear right now and have a decent chance to do some damage to Bulger...only caveat is that STL tends to play a little better at home. SF already beat them once this year, so hopefully it will work out. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby chidoy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:51 pm

BE CAREFUL though. I have Bulger/Sjax in one league and Bulger/Sjax/Holt in another.

Week 14 (1st week of playoffs in most leagues) STL. plays the BEARS :-o ....... Hopefully you may have a first week bye but it's just a little disclaimer.
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BigMusky » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:00 pm

chidoy wrote:BE CAREFUL though. I have Bulger/Sjax in one league and Bulger/Sjax/Holt in another.

Week 14 (1st week of playoffs in most leagues) STL. plays the BEARS :-o ....... Hopefully you may have a first week bye but it's just a little disclaimer.

important in a three tier playoff, but not most 4 team playoffs.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk