Marion Barber 3>Julius Jones? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marion Barber 3>Julius Jones?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marion Barber 3>Julius Jones?

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 pm

So far, Barber has performed better than Jones in pretty much every scoring system. Is it time to make him a must start and better play over JJ?
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:26 pm

i would rather start marion than julius. parcells likes him more, and has been saying marion will see more carries in the future...do you remember how he did when julius was injured last year??? marion could be a stud RB if he carried the load.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:31 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:i would rather start marion than julius. parcells likes him more, and has been saying marion will see more carries in the future...do you remember how he did when julius was injured last year??? marion could be a stud RB if he carried the load.

Jones could be a stud if he got goalline carries. Think of his numbers if 6 of those TDs Marion has are his?

This RBBC is working and it's working great. BP wont change it.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:56 pm

JJ has had opportunities at the goal line, but he has gotten stuffed on several occasions. Barber is the better weekly play because he scores often and puts up respectable yardage totals. If JJ suffers what has been his annual injury, Barber could be a stud.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:03 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:JJ has had opportunities at the goal line, but he has gotten stuffed on several occasions. .

Earlier in the season, Parcells gave JJ goalines opportunities, and JJ couldn't punch them in. Now, Parcells doesn't think twice about switching to Barber. Seems like the only way JJ will hit paydirt again is if he breaks one.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby woodson_28 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:55 pm

Barber III doesn't have what it takes to be an every down back. He'd be pretty good for the first few games, but he'd wear down. He's just not quick enough. Dallas has one of the worts O-Line and you either have to get past the line quick (like JJ) or plow through the line (like Barber III).

Julius is either busted in the backfield for -1 or -2 yrds, or makes one guy miss and makes a 8 or 10 yrd gain. Barber just runs straight through people. For that reason, Barber would get tired after 7 or 8 games.

The method they have right now works best.

And in my league, J.Jones has more FF points.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:54 am

woodson_28 wrote:Barber III doesn't have what it takes to be an every down back. He'd be pretty good for the first few games, but he'd wear down. He's just not quick enough. Dallas has one of the worts O-Line and you either have to get past the line quick (like JJ) or plow through the line (like Barber III).

Julius is either busted in the backfield for -1 or -2 yrds, or makes one guy miss and makes a 8 or 10 yrd gain. Barber just runs straight through people. For that reason, Barber would get tired after 7 or 8 games.

You can't say Barber would get tired after 7-8 games...the guy carried the rock a ton in college. I'd much rather Marion get the full load then JJ..Barber proved what he could do last year when given the opportunity. He's also got a nose for the end-zone could be a fantasy stud..but JJ is in the way.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:32 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

woodson_28 wrote:
Barber III doesn't have what it takes to be an every down back. He'd be pretty good for the first few games, but he'd wear down. He's just not quick enough. Dallas has one of the worts O-Line and you either have to get past the line quick (like JJ) or plow through the line (like Barber III).

TheDiplomats said:
You can't say Barber would get tired after 7-8 games...the guy carried the rock a ton in college. I'd much rather Marion get the full load then JJ..Barber proved what he could do last year when given the opportunity. He's also got a nose for the end-zone could be a fantasy stud..but JJ is in the way.

Actually, Barber was in a RBBC in college with Maroney..and while he still racked up a ton of carries...Minnesota was a run-heavy team...

I would doubt that Barber could handle the load for a full-season...not only would he have to have the same number of carries per game he had in college (for 16 games), but he would also have to spend a lot of energy on passing downs either running routes or blocking (he definitely isn't used to having to carry a full load in terms of blocking, route-running, and and running the ball).
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:35 am

I think Barber is the better back. What's with the skeptisism with him handling the load? W Parker wasn't supposed to handle the load either, or score TD's. FWP didn't even hardly play in college. The only way to know if someone can handle it is to give it to him.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:46 am

If you have to start either... I weep for your roster :,-( :,-( :,-(
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner