Thanksgiving Day Games - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thanksgiving Day Games

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:30 pm

footballchick23 wrote:I think there's going to be a huge viewing audience loss on that 3rd game. In San Diego, Cox Cable is the only cable network to carry it and Time Warner took it off it's channel lineup a few months ago. Thank goodness my parents live in the area serviced solely by Cox Communications since we only get Time Warner. I just don't think it's fair that a majority of families that don't have Direct TV or select cable companies don't get to see this game. Lame.

I agree 100%.

I want to watch this game from the comfort of my own home. Instead, I'm going to have to either go over a friend's house or to a bar.

BIG THUMBS DOWN TO THE NFL! :-t
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:48 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:I think there's going to be a huge viewing audience loss on that 3rd game. In San Diego, Cox Cable is the only cable network to carry it and Time Warner took it off it's channel lineup a few months ago. Thank goodness my parents live in the area serviced solely by Cox Communications since we only get Time Warner. I just don't think it's fair that a majority of families that don't have Direct TV or select cable companies don't get to see this game. Lame.

I agree 100%.

I want to watch this game from the comfort of my own home. Instead, I'm going to have to either go over a friend's house or to a bar.

Agreed & agreed. :-t

The thing is that I bet ratings will be bad compared to the 2 afternoon games that could be watched by everyone, but I also bet that this game will be the highest rated program on NFL Network the entire year (so far). So they might look at it as a success even though the ratings would've been higher if they were on one of the other more accessible networks.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby moochman » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:49 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:

I agree 100%.

Agreed & agreed. :-t

The thing is that I bet ratings will be bad compared to the 2 afternoon games that could be watched by everyone, but I also bet that this game will be the highest rated program on NFL Network the entire year (so far). So they might look at it as a success even though the ratings would've been higher if they were on one of the other more accessible networks.

The ratings will be bad, but that's expected due to the small market size. This is an add on game, the NFL and NFL network should only win with this deal as they seem to have good match-ups (as I remember) and people will badger their cable providers to include the NFL newtork with their package. Total power play by the NFL.

*There does seem to be some concern over the amount the NFL network is asking for cable rights and some possible legalities that could force these games to be aired differently in the future. Don't know enough details, just hearing noise.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Previous

Return to Football Talk