New Starters at RB in '07? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Starters at RB in '07?

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Starters at RB in '07?

Postby skinsfan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:41 am

Where will Turner land? Which other players will be starting by week 1 of next season who came in riding the pine?

This offseason should be huge for RB turnover. I'd say these are the new starters:

NFC
* Williams in Carolina
* Jacobs in NY
* Benson in Chicago
* Bush in New Orleans (cannot bench the #2 pick)

I'm not ready to pull the plug on Dunn, Green or JJones as starters quite yet.

AFC
* Whoever Cleveland drafts in Cleveland (keeping the tradition of Willie Green and Lee Suggs)
* Henry in Tennessee
* Somebody's gotta be clear-cut in JAX, just not MJD
* Addai in Indy
* Maroney in New England
* Turner in New York (Mangini wil love this guy and a team on the rise needs an every-week starter)
* McAllister (trade) in Houston? (just speculating)

Looks like the Fantasy landscape will change drastically next year. I don't expect Turner to leave the AFC where many teams have running games in transition, though.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Humpback » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:06 am

There will be plenty of turnover, that's for sure. One I disagree with is Bush- he's not benched, he's being used as a RB, WR, and kick returner. One of his major question marks coming into this year was could he handle being an every down back, and he hasn't shown that he can as of yet, so I doubt they get rid of Duece.

I don't think Jacksonville will necessarily go with a feature back. G. Jones is coming back, and he was going to be the goal line guy this season, so he could assume that role next year if healthy. MJD could certainly handle it, IMO. He's small in stature, but as tough as they come. I seriously doubt they bring in somebody from the outside, even if they don't bring back Taylor.
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Flux » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:23 am

SD has talked a lot about putting the 1st and 3rd round tenders on Turner since he is a RFA. If thats the case, he wont be going anywhere until 08.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:28 am

Flux wrote:SD has talked a lot about putting the 1st and 3rd round tenders on Turner since he is a RFA. If thats the case, he wont be going anywhere until 08.

They can still trade him.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:35 am

You're forgetting that Houston will probably draft a RB.

They will most likely cut Dom Davis in the offseason to avoid a cap hit. Gado/Lundy RBBC is not the answer in Houston. I'd imagine they'd pickup a guy like Michael Bush or Kenny Irons if they can get their hands on either of them.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby skinsfan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:35 am

Flux wrote:SD has talked a lot about putting the 1st and 3rd round tenders on Turner since he is a RFA. If thats the case, he wont be going anywhere until 08.

SD will trade him if offered a #1 pick, no doubt. You don't need an amazing backup for the best-performing RB in the league. They could plug in any decent back here and be just fine. Imagine you're the SD front office in March. You went 12-4 and got bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs because Schottenheimer always stinks in the playoffs. Wouldn't you look around and see what you could do with some excellent draft picks, possibly patching whatever it is you believe lost you the playoff game? You certainly don't cling to your #2 RB, so I expect a trade or a restricted FA signing by a team with a low draft pick (borderline playoff or low-seed team).

But let's not make this entirely a Turner debate. I'd like to hear what people think about the JAX, Cleveland, NYJ, Houston, and other foggy situations.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skinsfan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:36 am

TheDiplomats wrote:You're forgetting that Houston will probably draft a RB.

They will most likely cut Dom Davis in the offseason to avoid a cap hit. Gado/Lundy RBBC is not the answer in Houston. I'd imagine they'd pickup a guy like Michael Bush or Kenny Irons if they can get their hands on either of them.

I expect their coach to continue improving the defense via the draft.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:49 am

skinsfan wrote:But let's not make this entirely a Turner debate. I'd like to hear what people think about the JAX, Cleveland, NYJ, Houston, and other foggy situations.

JAX - Probably more of the same. Taylor, MJD, and Jones
Cleveland - Probably draft a d00d in the 2nd Rd - he'll split carries with Droughns.
Houston - Probably draft a back.
NYJ - Trade for Turner or draft a back.

Someone is gonna take Adrian Peterson in the Top Five. Zona, Oakland, Lions, Dolphins, TB, and Wash all have solid RBs. NYJ and Cleveland should have a great opportunity to get a top back (Peterson, Lynch, etc.).
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:56 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Someone is gonna take Adrian Peterson in the Top Five. Zona, Oakland, Lions, Dolphins, TB, and Wash all have solid RBs. NYJ and Cleveland should have a great opportunity to get a top back (Peterson, Lynch, etc.).

Don't know if you've noticed, byt the J.e.t.s. have a good shot at the #6 or even #5 WC. Hell, they could win their division with a little luck. Either way, their pick won't be high. I'd expect them to draft for the defense, especially the secondary.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bklik » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:56 am

What about JJ Arrington?
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP