New Starters at RB in '07? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Starters at RB in '07?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tclangham » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:46 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:keep in mind there could also be draft picks that outplay current players, although mccalister to houstan is an interesting option, i dont see it- i assume davis will be healthy and playing next year for the texans right?
nah, I'd say his career is pretty much over, sadly, he coulda been absolutely amazing, but the knees are too much to overcome.

How could DD be done for his career? One of the reasons Houston didnt draft Reggie Bush was because they have DD.

Also did anyone see Ark. RB McFadden today! Holy crap that guy is good. I can see him going in the first round.
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:54 pm

tclangham wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:keep in mind there could also be draft picks that outplay current players, although mccalister to houstan is an interesting option, i dont see it- i assume davis will be healthy and playing next year for the texans right?
nah, I'd say his career is pretty much over, sadly, he coulda been absolutely amazing, but the knees are too much to overcome.

How could DD be done for his career? One of the reasons Houston didnt draft Reggie Bush was because they have DD.

Also did anyone see Ark. RB McFadden today! Holy crap that guy is good. I can see him going in the first round.

DD went on IR long after they passed on Bush, DD has had injury issues as long as I can remeber, how can they trust him to stay healthy, especially that knee.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby tclangham » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:23 am

DD hasnt had injury issues. He has had 4 productive years in the NFL. This is the only year in which he has missed a significant amount of time.
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:42 am

I said it earlier and I'll say it again. DD will probably be cut by the Texans in the offseason because of his bloated contract. Another guy to watch out for also is Chrissy Brown. He's more of an extreme sleeper pick. He'd have to go to the right situation for it to work well..IE Denver.

Marion Barber also looks as if he will have a bright future. I think Dallas is going to try and move Julius Jones again in the offseason.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:23 am

TheDiplomats wrote:I said it earlier and I'll say it again. DD will probably be cut by the Texans in the offseason because of his bloated contract. Another guy to watch out for also is Chrissy Brown. He's more of an extreme sleeper pick. He'd have to go to the right situation for it to work well..IE Denver.

Marion Barber also looks as if he will have a bright future. I think Dallas is going to try and move Julius Jones again in the offseason.

Barber has looked really good but JJ hasnt looked bad either. 2 good Rbs are always better than one. If Dallas has enough money i dont see them getting rid of either of these guys.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby tecmobowl12 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:27 am

tclangham wrote:Also did anyone see Ark. RB McFadden today! Holy crap that guy is good. I can see him going in the first round.

McFadden is only a sophomore, but I agree he will be one of the top picks in the 08 draft.

I hope Arkansas faces West Virginia in the Sugar Bowl, and we get to see McFadden run his Wildcat formation up against Slaton/White. Most entertaining game of the year
tecmobowl12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:48 am

tecmobowl12 wrote:
tclangham wrote:Also did anyone see Ark. RB McFadden today! Holy crap that guy is good. I can see him going in the first round.

McFadden is only a sophomore, but I agree he will be one of the top picks in the 08 draft.

I hope Arkansas faces West Virginia in the Sugar Bowl, and we get to see McFadden run his Wildcat formation up against Slaton/White. Most entertaining game of the year

Woah hes only a sophomore and hes already nominated for Doak Walker? Very impressive.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby biju » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:50 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:I said it earlier and I'll say it again. DD will probably be cut by the Texans in the offseason because of his bloated contract. Another guy to watch out for also is Chrissy Brown. He's more of an extreme sleeper pick. He'd have to go to the right situation for it to work well..IE Denver.

There are two things to think about here.

1. DD was just signed to a pretty big contract and my bet is it was heavily backloaded. Him being injured this season might induce a provision in his contract regarding his salary to help, but my bet is they would take a huge salary cap hit next season if they cut him.

2. Because of #1 you have to look at the cap space the Texans have. If they are near their salary cap already cutting DD might sound like a good option but in practicality it would be impossible.

Having said that I don't know how DD's contract was structured or how they split up his signing bonus, nor do I understand what the current state of Houston's salary cap is so maybe my points are completely meritless. Someone know where to find that information?
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:47 pm

AFC North

Baltimore: Very unpredictable. Jamal could stay the starter, but if he doesn't they could draft or pick up someone, or they could trust Anderson and Musa Smith to do the job.

Cleveland: Droughns has been a disappointment, but they wont give up on him just yet. There isnt justification in drafting someone because they like Jerome Harrison, and he isnt ready to start. If anything, Harrison cuts into Droughns' production.

AFC South

Houston: DD is coming back, but do they trust him to stay healthy? His contract forces them to keep him, but they may pick up or draft someone as better insurance than Lundy and Dayne provided.

Indianapolis: Addai will take over as the full time back with Rhodes maybe playing 3rd downs.

Tennessee: Henry will remain the starter, but White could cut into his production.

AFC East

New England: Maroney will become the starter, and Dillon could be cut or may stick around.

New York: They will probably draft someone. Depending on the player, Barlow may or may not get the goal line carries.

AFC West

Denver: It's Denver; you're probably not gonna know until August at earliest. Both Bells have been disappointments thus far.

Oakland: Jordan will still likely be the starter, but they may draft someone or give Fargas a chance at the job.

San Diego: LT is featured; Turner may or may not stick around to play 3rd downs and give LT relief every once in a while.

NFC North

Chicago: There's no reason to bench Jones. His contract doesnt expire until next year, so Chicago will likely keep him around. Benson will play relief.

Green Bay: Green has performed well when healthy, and Morency has performed well in relief. They probably wont draft someone unless Peterson is available as a steal.

Minnesota: Taylor has emerged as the full time back. However, they havent been able to score touchdowns on the ground well this year. Look for the Vikings to try to acquire a good goal line back.

NFC South

Atlanta: Dunn is still their back. Once he's gone, Norwood will take over.

Carolina: Foster has been very inconsistent. Williams will likely eat into his production until he is the starter.

New Orleans: McAllister will remain the featured back, with Bush playing just about everywhere.

NFC East:

Dallas: Jones and Barber will split carries with Jones getting the start. Barber will get all the goal line work, which makes him much more valuable.

New York: Jacobs will be the main guy, but New York might bring someone in just in case Jacobs needs some help..

Washington: Portis will still be the featured back.

NFC West

Arizona: Edge will stay, and if Arizona upgrades its line, he should perform much better next year.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Loose Circuits » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:36 am

steelerfan513 wrote:AFC North

Baltimore: Very unpredictable. Jamal could stay the starter, but if he doesn't they could draft or pick up someone, or they could trust Anderson and Musa Smith to do the job...

I agree it's unpredictable, but my opinion is Musa Smith is a FA and won't be back. I think PJ Daniels will move into the 3rd down COP role. Cory Ross will be a decent back-up 4th string guy. Anderson will stick out his 2 year contract

steelerfan513 wrote:Cleveland: Droughns has been a disappointment, but they wont give up on him just yet. There isnt justification in drafting someone because they like Jerome Harrison, and he isnt ready to start. If anything, Harrison cuts into Droughns' production...
I agree they won't be upgrading at this position. Wright has produced in 1 of 2 starts and is relatively young. They have bigger needs to address in draft and free agency. Harrison will take on a COP/3rd down role.

steelerfan513 wrote:AFC South

Houston: DD is coming back, but do they trust him to stay healthy? His contract forces them to keep him, but they may pick up or draft someone as better insurance than Lundy and Dayne provided...
Kubiak is from the Denver school of thought where they can plug anyone in and play well. If DD is healthy, he'll be the starter, but will likely share time w/ Gado or Lundy. I think they'll focus on improving the D and also grab one of the talented WR's early in the draft. They may draft RB late to compete, but they also like Damien Rhodes who's on the practice squad.

steelerfan513 wrote:Indianapolis: Addai will take over as the full time back with Rhodes maybe playing 3rd downs...
I agree 100%. Addai may be a steal in the 2nd round of fantasy drafts next year if he falls that far.

steelerfan513 wrote:Tennessee: Henry will remain the starter, but White could cut into his production...
I think White takes over as the starter before 2007 ends. I believe Henry is due a huge bonus and may be cut.

steelerfan513 wrote:AFC East[/b ]

New England: Maroney will become the starter, and Dillon could be cut or may stick around...
I agree. Dillon may stick around and be the goalline back- similar to this year, but Maroney will get bulk of work.

steelerfan513 wrote:New York: They will probably draft someone. Depending on the player, Barlow may or may not get the goal line carries...
It all depends on how the draft plays out. If they can get Peterson or Irons they may pull the trigger. I personally think Cedric Houston will be auditioning for a job for the rest of 2007. Have to love what Washington has done as well. I think they work on improving their O and D lines in addition to Linebackers.

steelerfan513 wrote:[b]AFC West

Denver: It's Denver; you're probably not gonna know until August at earliest. Both Bells have been disappointments thus far...
Tatum was on a tear, but he just can't hold up. I don't see them pursuing anyone in the offseason. The Bells will be able to produce once Cutler gets some experience and keeps D's honest.

steelerfan513 wrote:Oakland: Jordan will still likely be the starter, but they may draft someone or give Fargas a chance at the job...
Fargas is not durable enough to start. They have too many other holes to fill. Jordan will remain the starter and get the bulk of the work..

steelerfan513 wrote:San Diego: LT is featured; Turner may or may not stick around to play 3rd downs and give LT relief every once in a while...
Turner will be the back-up for at least one more year. I like Ray Perkins who is currently on their practice squad to take over their b/u duties in 2008.

steelerfan513 wrote:NFC North

Chicago: There's no reason to bench Jones. His contract doesnt expire until next year, so Chicago will likely keep him around. Benson will play relief...
Jones has not produced this year as much as he did in 2005. The job will be up for grabs in 2007 during training camp. Have to wait and see how Benson holds up carrying the load in weeks 16/17 when he gets an opportunity because the Bears have hf adv. wrapped up.

steelerfan513 wrote:Green Bay: Green has performed well when healthy, and Morency has performed well in relief. They probably wont draft someone unless Peterson is available as a steal...
I think Ahman is on a 1 year deal, but I'm not sure. I don't see him holding up very much longer. They like Morency though, and Herron is a decent B/U.

steelerfan513 wrote:Minnesota: Taylor has emerged as the full time back. However, they havent been able to score touchdowns on the ground well this year. Look for the Vikings to try to acquire a good goal line back...
I agree. Chester also is showing signs of wear and tear down the stretch...Although, maybe they just need to get Pinner or Fason involved in the offense.

steelerfan513 wrote:NFC South

Atlanta: Dunn is still their back. Once he's gone, Norwood will take over...
agreed, they may draft a bigger back like Leonard from Rutgers to take some of the SY. Norwood is not capable.

steelerfan513 wrote:Carolina: Foster has been very inconsistent. Williams will likely eat into his production until he is the starter...
This will likely be a RBBC in 2007.

steelerfan513 wrote:New Orleans: McAllister will remain the featured back, with Bush playing just about everywhere...
agree

steelerfan513 wrote:NFC East:

Dallas: Jones and Barber will split carries with Jones getting the start. Barber will get all the goal line work, which makes him much more valuable...
agree

steelerfan513 wrote:New York: Jacobs will be the main guy, but New York might bring someone in just in case Jacobs needs some help..
I can see them picking up Marshawn Lynch as the ultimate 1/2 punch. Or they may wait and take a chance on Garrett Wolfe who would also complement Jacobs well...Chris Brown or Musa Smith are also a realistic options IMO.

Also, you didn't mention Jax: I think MJD takes over as the feature guy. I doubt Greg Jones will have an impact. He'll likely play FB. They'll probably bring in a decent b/u, I don't see Fred Taylor back in Jax.
Loose Circuits
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk