Thursday games - rookie question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thursday games - rookie question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thursday games - rookie question

Postby orcahome » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:27 pm

Sorry to bother the FF Silverbacks! I'm in a Yahoo league, nothing fancy. Do I have to have my gameday roster set by the time the earliest game starts? Or can I make changes later among players who's games haven't started yet? Again, please excuse a greenhorn's ignorance! I never thought about it until this week where Matt Hasselbeck might be an option for my team.
orcahome Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:31 pm

Depends on the league settings. Can you move around guys in the afternoon games once the early game starts?

In all leagues, the players who are playing lock once their game starts. In some leagues, you can move around guys who haven't started yet up until the time that their game does. Under other league settings, the entire roster locks once the first game starts.

Think of Thursday 4:15 as Sunday 1:05 and however your league handles that, you will know what to do.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:32 pm

It depends on your league's rules. Some rules stipulate that you have to have your lineups set before any games start, meaning you would have to set it before Thanksgivings games. Others say you can alter it before your players games start at a later time. Check with your commissioner to see how it works.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gnu314 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:45 pm

In general Yahoo! leagues allow you to change your roster for the guys that haven't played up until the point that the guy plays then you can't move them.

So if you have guys playing at 12:30 on Thursday, you can move them up until about 12:00 but the rest of your roster will be unaffected.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Munboy » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:58 pm

Generally the default setting is you can change out any player until that players team starts playing. For instance, if you have somebody playing thursday, you have to have him in before the game starts. Or if you have a player you want to play sunday night, you have to have him in there before the game starts, and the person you're trading him out for can't have already played.

FF Silverbacks....that was funny. :-b
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby orcahome » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:16 pm

Thank you!
orcahome Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy