Germany of Florida (ANSWERED) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Germany of Florida (ANSWERED)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Germany of Florida

Florida
53%
Germany
47%

Total votes : 19

Postby Leber » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:03 pm

Went with Germany for a couple of reasons ;-D
Leber
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:58 pm

Florida! :-B
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:12 pm

Nice one JB...

I went with Florida because I know they have an appellate court system and I don't think Germany does...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby citybirds27 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:17 pm

Germany... stewardess got me
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby aldridg6in » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:20 pm

I'm going with Florida this time.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:03 am

I think florida as well, for no other reason than it being a corporate lawyer.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby vitalogist » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:19 am

it seemed obvious it was germany... so it must be florida... i voted my gut - germany. an american lawyer couldnt be stinky, could he?
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:31 pm

BERLIN (Reuters) - A court in Germany rejected a man's compensation claim against an airline after a cabin crew ordered him off a plane because other passengers were offended by his smell, authorities said Thursday.

An appeals court in the western city of Duesseldorf upheld an earlier ruling that British Airways (BA) had acted within its rights by removing the man from the aircraft after a female passenger sitting next to him complained about his smell.

"The stewardess took him to one side and asked him if he could put on a fresh shirt, but they were all in the hold," a court spokesman said. "So then he was asked to leave the plane -- about two minutes before take off."

BA said other passengers were upset by the smell, he added.

The corporate lawyer and his wife were scheduled to return home from Hawaii via Los Angeles on a BA flight sub-contracted to American Airlines last year, and missed their connection to Germany when the incident forced them to take the next plane.

Including the cost of staying an extra night in Los Angeles, the earnings he had forfeited and his wife's lost holiday time, the man calculated BA owed him nearly 2,200 euros ($2,819), and took his case to a lower court in Duesseldorf earlier this year.

"The man said he couldn't help sweating after carrying three suitcases in 29 degrees (Celsius) of heat and sitting in the airport for two hours with no air conditioning," the court spokesman said.

"But the court said the airline's terms and conditions made clear they could bar passengers because of their smell."

The appeals court delivered a judgement Wednesday by default against the man when he failed to attend the hearing. The man, who told the court he was stuck in traffic, has the right to appeal.

I will say up front that this incident actually took place in several different areas, but since it was British airways, the people involved were from Germany, and the court system was in Germany, I saw no reason it didn't fit in this category. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:53 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
BERLIN (Reuters) - A court in Germany rejected a man's compensation claim against an airline after a cabin crew ordered him off a plane because other passengers were offended by his smell, authorities said Thursday.

An appeals court in the western city of Duesseldorf upheld an earlier ruling that British Airways (BA) had acted within its rights by removing the man from the aircraft after a female passenger sitting next to him complained about his smell.

"The stewardess took him to one side and asked him if he could put on a fresh shirt, but they were all in the hold," a court spokesman said. "So then he was asked to leave the plane -- about two minutes before take off."

The corporate lawyer and his wife were scheduled to return home from Hawaii via Los Angeles on a BA flight sub-contracted to American Airlines last year, and missed their connection to Germany when the incident forced them to take the next plane.

Including the cost of staying an extra night in Los Angeles, the earnings he had forfeited and his wife's lost holiday time, the man calculated BA owed him nearly 2,200 euros ($2,819), and took his case to a lower court in Duesseldorf earlier this year.

"The man said he couldn't help sweating after carrying three suitcases in 29 degrees (Celsius) of heat and sitting in the airport for two hours with no air conditioning," the court spokesman said.

"But the court said the airline's terms and conditions made clear they could bar passengers because of their smell."

The appeals court delivered a judgement Wednesday by default against the man when he failed to attend the hearing. The man, who told the court he was stuck in traffic, has the right to appeal.

I will say up front that this incident actually took place in several different areas, but since it was British airways, the people involved were from Germany, and the court system was in Germany, I saw no reason it didn't fit in this category. ;-D

The entire incident with the exception of the law suit took place in the United States, and the answer is Germany? :-? Were the passengers that had the customer kicked off German? I doubt it. My guess is they were as American as you or me.

This was a horrible story to use for the "Germany or Florida" game. Of all the thousands of stories to choose from, why pick one that occurred in both the United States AND Germany? Just to trick us? This story should be thrown out completely. If it's not, I'm not going to lose any sleep about it, but I certainly won't bother playing anymore. Who want to play a game that doesn't have any integrity, you know? Just my .02

Here's another version of the same story BTW
http://english.cri.cn/2947/2006/11/16/167@163712.htm
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:59 pm

josebach wrote:
joelamosobadiah wrote:

The entire incident with the exception of the law suit took place in the United States, and the answer is Germany? :-? Were the passengers that had the customer kicked off German? I doubt it. My guess is they were as American as you or me.

This was a horrible story to use for the "Germany or Florida" game. Of all the thousands of stories to choose from, why pick one that occurred in both the United States AND Germany? Just to trick us? This story should be thrown out completely. If it's not, I'm not going to lose any sleep about it, but I certainly won't bother playing anymore. Who want to play a game that doesn't have any integrity, you know? Just my .02

Here's another version of the same story BTW
http://english.cri.cn/2947/2006/11/16/167@163712.htm

Not saying that this changes anything for sure, but they were living in Germany. See emboldened part of story above^
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk