Edge - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Edge

Moderator: Football Moderators

Edge

Postby DUKE » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:27 am

I know he had decent yardage receiving and a few on the ground Monday night, but I was using that game to pay close attention to him to decide whether or not to keep him on my team, and I wasn't very impressed. He doesn't look as explosive or as nimble. Is he going to be a top fantasy back this year, or will his owners be left waiting. Do you think Portis or Henry's value is higher?
DUKE

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Whassup » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:18 pm

I've been let down all year as well with Edgerrin. In fact, I missed out on a ton of points from James Stewart this past week because I feel obligated to start Edgerrin every week. However, I do continue to believe that you have to keep him no matter what he has (hasn't) been doing. His potential is too great especially with his receiving ability combined with his rushing potential.

As far as Portis and Henry... I'd consider starting Henry in place of Edgerrin if the matchup is right. My remaining RB's are Jamal Lewis, James Stewart, and Lamar Smith. None of them are consistent. I guess that's probably why I'm 3-4 so far :-t
Whassup

edge

Postby bigredmachine » Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:38 pm

Add one more to your group...
I've got James and may be at the end of my rope - on mon. it seemed to me that other than his 14 yard run to open thegame, he didn't fo anything else that was even mildly impressive. he will now ride the bench until he has a breakout game. then, of course, I will play him one week too late
bigredmachine

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:19 am

I think Travis Henry value is greater than Edge's but Portis is lower, so if your thinking of trading in the long run I would go with Travis Henry, Edge still is a big name and you might get someone that believes in him for a trade. I dont believe in players I like to see results and even if they are stars I dont care theyre out of here, of course not to the free agency pool but for trading

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:46 pm

I feel your pain. We start 2 RB's and I am stuck starting Edge and Hearst every week. I would trade for Henry but not Portis. In our 12 team league we are short at the RB position so trading is the only way to improve. If you can get Henry do it, maybe try to get a Stallworth type thrown in due to Edge's big name.

Return to Football Talk