Amazing kid - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Amazing kid

Moderator: Football Moderators

Amazing kid

Postby NittanyLions » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:18 pm

I thought I'd share this, I thought it was pretty awesome. I used to go to camp with this kid, but haven't for a couple years. He used to play both football and basketball like me, and he was pretty darn good. Well since then I haven't talked to him, and I find out the other day that in the past week he has been offered full rides to UConn for basketball and Nebraska for football. And he has also been offered the same from Ohio State for football and Penn State, along with basically any other programs. I was amazed, I knew he was good, but wow. He's not even graduating yet. I wasn't really friends with him, but he was in the same program, and now they are saying he may be the best junior athlete in the nation 8-o
His name is Terrelle Pryor, look for him in the future, I'm telling you. He lives a little over an hour from me. B-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:45 pm

Top athlete in the nation? I know AJ Green is getting a lot of run as the best football player and Greg Monroe is the top basketball player.

He is the 23rd ranked player for next year and a 5-star for basketball.
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprosp ... 28&Sport=2
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:51 pm

Thats pretty cool. Theres this senior running back Curtis Shaw that plays for the high school I graduated from whos gotten letters from every major division 1 school in the country. I imagine he'll end up at SC though. They were number one on his short list. :-t

EDIT-heres his link at rivals
Click Here!
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby pokeyjoe » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:24 pm

Last week my HS played Hopatcong HS in the playoffs, and they had this rb named Joe Martinek who is the leading rusher in New Jersey history. Apparently he's been offered full scholarships to Rutgers and Ohio State. Anyway, we (not exactly we, I don't play football, but you guys understand) completely shut him down. He got something like 16 yards and actually had negative yards in the second half, and the final score was 22-0. This doesn't exactly fit in with the topic, but I'd thought I would share.
pokeyjoe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eman » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:16 pm

Our HS qb got a full ride to USC. :) He's ranked 15th in the nation or something at qb.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby confused_jake » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:17 am

eman wrote:Our HS qb got a full ride to USC. :) He's ranked 15th in the nation or something at qb.

Is that Aaron Corp of Orange Lutheran? My friend's team played against him. My friend is a fullback and also had to matchup against Chris Gallipo, who on some rankings, is ranked #3 in the country at linebacker. Gallipo goes to servite.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby vitalogist » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:50 am

wow. thats cool. i thought it was cool that my hs team played against brock huard, and reggie williams went there after i graduated....

as much as i love the nfl... would you take the nba money instead? guaranteed, and a longer career. and your body won't be abused at the end of your career...
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:25 am

kid at my school comitted to mizzou, he's a freakin' stud, I can't watch any of the vids though 'cause you have to buy a membership or some stupid thing like that, o well, I saw some of them in person, awesome player, name's carl gettis, he has the same lunch as me. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:07 am

Chris Isaak went to my high school. He never played football but he was a heckuva singer. :-b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXmlJQN5Pm8

BTW the chick in that video is very hot. Anyone know her name?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:10 am

Our team really isn't all that great in football, most of our players go to smaller schools like Akron, miami ohio. I got a few letters from some small schools, but nothing big, no full rides either. I think it would be sweet to have a kid that was really good on the team, or a good team, we usually get knocked out first round of the playoffs. !+)
Granted, our school is 99.7% white (yes, that is a real statistic), so makes room for me to be a starting RB and SG ;-7
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk