Owners who don't pay by deadlines!!! Suggestions!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owners who don't pay by deadlines!!! Suggestions!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mothaudio » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:57 am

We have a rule that if all owners do not pay their fees before out draft than all fess will be waived for all owners. Simple. That way the guys who have paid will pressure to one's who haven't to dip into their pockets and devy up.

Next year the guys want to institute a fee for any WW action after a certain limit. The only problem I have with that is having to collect those fees [if any] once the season is over.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jdogg_ffc » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:49 am

The only way to get money out of someone who doesn't want to pay is to stay on their ass.

Just do it call them and say "well I guess I have to lock your team cause I think your a welcher."

Or say "well I payed your entry fee fag."

Or just pay me 1k each and I will rough them up.
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:19 pm

chidoy wrote:Just let them know that you WILL lock their teams from going to the playoffs til it is paid.. I mean it's only 20 friggin' bucks, and it's not fair to those that did pay already and those that win and might have to wait for the others to pay.

Luckily for us, everyone in our league is local and we have a draft at someone's house. If you don't bring your entry fee, you don't get to play/draft.. Plain and simple.

Good luck

That's how it's been in all of my $ leagues. You either pay before the draft or we'll get someone to replace you that wants to pay.

In your case, not paying the measly $20 is ridiculous. We're not talking about a lot of $ here. If any of the 4 smoke, they probably pay more than that a week on cigarettes. Good luck!

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)

Postby chadlincoln » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:28 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I like to see how I'm doing first before I pay.

Also, what stops the commish from blowing all of the money at the craps table before the end of the season?
And if you're doing poorly?

There needs to be a fantasy sports escrow account service where you can pay into a company to hold then they send out winnings.
chadlincoln
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:41 pm

Get their numbers and call them up. When you set up the league you should have asked for some contact info, especially since it's a money league. If they ALL don't pay by the playoffs, just refund the money to the rest of the guys and invite them back to the league next year.

Or as commish you could just send them a message to e-mail or call you if they want their team unlocked. Bench all their players the next week and see what happens then. If they really want the league to prosper they'll pay, if not, replace them next year, and then do the above.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby tsunami001 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:19 pm

No offense, but you're not a very good commissioner. You should have all their money before the draft, or they aren't allowed to draft or participate in the league. It's your own fault that you've let them drag things on like this. Now if you can't get all the money, it'll either come out of your pocket, or a winner's prize. Next year get all the $ beforehand.
tsunami001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk