Cutler to Start Week 13??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cutler to Start Week 13???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:39 pm

jake isnt playing great, but he isnt playing poorly enough to be replaced. if they were to put cutler in, there would be plenty of men in the box on almost every play to stop the denver rushing attack and make cutler beat them, and i dont think cutler is up to the challenge yet.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:07 am

steelerfan513 wrote:jake isnt playing great, but he isnt playing poorly enough to be replaced. if they were to put cutler in, there would be plenty of men in the box on almost every play to stop the denver rushing attack and make cutler beat them, and i dont think cutler is up to the challenge yet.

Well if teams load the box, that should be a good start for Cutler, given that he will be able to throw to single covered recievers- teams often overthink things, instead of just playing defense.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:10 am

I don't see Shanahan using Cutler as long as the Broncos are still in playoff contention....i think making that switch could take the Broncos a few games to adjust because there is less chemistry between Cutler and the team than Plummer and the team

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:02 am

Azrael wrote:I don't know why they would do that. The Broncos are still 7-3 with an inside track on the wild card and only a game out of the division. To throw someone into the starting lineup who has zero experience while you are in the middle of a playoff hunt makes no sense.

Agreed. Thing is, while Shanny's thinking (in that tiny twisted little mind of his) that this will "inspire" The Flake, the only thing I see it doing is inspiring more Flakiness. End of the day Jake Plummer is, well, Jake Plummer. How he got a fat contract from the Cards followed by an even fatter one from the Broncos is one of the great mysteries of the Universe.

The Eyebrow's setting up Plummer to be the fall guy when the Broncos either make an early exit or fail to even make the playoffs at all. It's CYA, plain and simple.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Guru13 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:34 am

i also heard that he would probably start next week, so plummer had better really show up today, which I don't see happening.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:19 pm

I assume I know the answer to this, but in week 13, i should still start roethilisburger over cutler...right?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:48 pm

Azrael wrote:I don't know why they would do that. The Broncos are still 7-3 with an inside track on the wild card and only a game out of the division. To throw someone into the starting lineup who has zero experience while you are in the middle of a playoff hunt makes no sense.

That was my 1st thought but we don't get to see Cutler in practice. If Cutler is just "wowing" the coaches in practice I can see them making the move only because like Flux said, the Broncos are winning despite Plummer.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby moochman » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:12 am

After watching Plummer the last couple games I can see no reason why a team with playoff aspirations would risk starting him. Even if it means that you have to start an unproven rookie. Culter should take the helm now.

He has enough season left and a strong enough team to allow him to get a feel by the time the playoffs roll around. They only have the Chargers left on their schedule that has played any consistant D. The rest of the sched is made for a QB to find his groove. Cutler needs to get that chance for this year and the future of the Broncos.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby spodog » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:40 am

If you listen to the post game interviews, it sounds like the entire DEN offense is ready for Cutler to step in, including Plummer:

Javon Walker's quote after last nights loss to the Chiefs:

I'll be ready to be on the back end of passes from whomever is in there, it doesn't matter to me.

Plummer's quote:

I just want to win games. If Coach Shannahan decides it's time for Jay to step in, then that is his decision. I haven't really done much that would convince him not to do this.

Heard both of these on the radio, so they are not exact quotes, but these are pretty close.

Ugh. Good luck, Jay.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mcmill3 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:40 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:

Agreed. Thing is, while Shanny's thinking (in that tiny twisted little mind of his) that this will "inspire" The Flake, the only thing I see it doing is inspiring more Flakiness. End of the day Jake Plummer is, well, Jake Plummer. How he got a fat contract from the Cards followed by an even fatter one from the Broncos is one of the great mysteries of the Universe.

The Eyebrow's setting up Plummer to be the fall guy when the Broncos either make an early exit or fail to even make the playoffs at all. It's CYA, plain and simple.

exactly! Well said. This is an old trick, although since the rumors have started plummer is 0-2. Shanny may wanto to shy away from the reverse psychology.
mcmill3
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk