Cutler to Start Week 13??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cutler to Start Week 13???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Munboy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:25 pm

If Cutler does start, it would just mean somebody else's passes for receivers to drop. ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:36 am

Read the latest AP article on Yahoo! Sports, and it doesn't sound like Plummer has quite lost his job. Blame has been spread around the whole team by Shanny, and TE Stephen Alexander questions a potential switch. Here's some quick tidbits and the link for the full article here.
Shanahan has been quick to point out the offensive struggles aren't entirely Plummer's fault:

-- The pass protection has been spotty with Matt Lepsis (knee) and George Foster (inconsistency) forcing some shuffling at tackle.

-- The tailback tandem of Tatum Bell and Mike Bell has been terrible. Tatum can't stay healthy and has been inactive three of the last four games; he's rushed for 27 and 37 yards in his last two starts. Mike can't stay consistent, and he's rushed for 25, 136, 28, 90 and 28 yards in his last five games.

-- Wide receiver Rod Smith has lost a step, leaving newcomer Javon Walker facing almost constant double teams while David Kircus and Brandon Marshall prove powerless to make teams pay for it.

-- And the pass-catching tight end has all but disappeared from Denver's offense. Rookie Tony Scheffler was supposed to be that guy, but he's caught just six passes all year -- none since Oct. 29 against Indianapolis.

So, tight end Stephen Alexander wonders about the wisdom of switching quarterbacks now, suggesting Cutler certainly is no quick fix.

"I've said all along that it's not all about Jake," Alexander said. "You guys want to make a big deal out of Jake Plummer and what he's not doing, but this is not a one-man team. There are a lot of guys that need to go out and play better. Whether that's protection issues up front, whether that's guys running routes and getting the proper depth, dropped balls, there are a whole slew of things."

Here's Plummer's post-game statement.
"I'm the starter right now," Plummer said, "and if Mike feels that he wants to put Jay in there, then my play hasn't warranted him to not do it."
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dgan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:11 am

Since it is Shanahan, maybe he'll make Tatum Bell inactive for the game, start Damien Nash at RB, put Mike Bell at QB, and have Plummer play fullback.

Who knows with this guy. I'm not even considering starting Cutler until AFTER his first game. Even if Shanahan were to name him the starter, I want to see him actually keep his word first. I've already taken a zero once because of his Shanahanigans.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:21 pm

I'm sure my fellow Walker owners are looking forward to getting Cutler in there. Someone with the arm strength to throw it to a deep guy like Javon, not like that limp wristed nancy boy Plummer.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:29 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I'm sure my fellow Walker owners are looking forward to getting Cutler in there. Someone with the arm strength to throw it to a deep guy like Javon, not like that limp wristed nancy boy Plummer.

Yeah, Walker should benefit, especially since young QB's usually look at their #1 option a lot.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:04 pm

Chris Mortensen also reports that Jay Cutler will start WEek 13... I'd still be surprised to see it. Why, when the team is still in the playoff hunt?
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:01 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:Chris Mortensen also reports that Jay Cutler will start WEek 13... I'd still be surprised to see it. Why, when the team is still in the playoff hunt?

It's done...happened...no more wondering.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:25 pm

Jake Plummer misses Kubiak. I'd say there is a decent chance this guy ends up in Houston next year.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:16 am

Wait... Did Shanahan say that he will be starting? And if so, when does he become a viable fantasy option?
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:48 am

he can be a viable fantasy option, denver doesn't have a very hard pass-defence schedule coming up. and unlike leinart, denver has a viable o-line so cutler should get time to let javon get open.

and the texans don't need plummer. they still have sage rosenfels!!! though they could try to make a move for huard :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk