Urlacher Quote "that's the NFL for you" (re: Ricky Manning) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Urlacher Quote "that's the NFL for you" (re: Ricky Manning)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:16 am

You guys are forgetting the best player of all time, Ron Artest.

Single handedly led the entire Indiana Pacers team into battle against the Detroit Pistons fans. Albeit, many Pistons fans are extremely trashy..that was definitely a sight to behold. It definitely answered my question of how many people it would take to beat up an NBA/NFL player. 3-4 drunks.

Regarding Manning, I think he should be suspended 4 more games for stupidity and ignorance. You would think a full grown man would have grown past the whole 'you're a nerd' stage. Clearly many of these athletes are still living in their early teen years.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1942
Joined: 5 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Goatwhacker » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:01 am

beanoX3 wrote:
tol1l1yboy wrote:I think the point of it is that the incident happened BEFORE the season and Manning met with NFL officials in week 2 or 3. They waited until the NE game to suspend him.

I can see the argument for it being an AFC game so it doesnt matter and that is why they chose this week but as someone who never finds a conspiracy he doesnt like I find it odd that they didnt supsend him against the Jets.

I certainly believe that there was something behind suspending this game. Maybe they felt like they could only suspend him one game but they wanted it to hurt as much as possible? I dont know but it is pretty fishy.

The reason it took this long to make a decision was because Manning wanted to wait until his trial stuff was over with and he also filed an appeal. He's claiming that pleading no contest wasn't because he's guilty, but because he didn't want to deal with a full trial and possibly miss a whole bunch of games. He wanted the NFL to get all the details and make a informed decision.

In reality, the NFL's decision came pretty quick. His appeal and everything was finished either late last week or early this week, and it took the NFL a couple days to hand down a 1 game suspension. So I don't really think the NFL waited until an important game to suspend Manning. The whole AFC game thing looks mainly to be some rationalizing by the Bears. I don't think the NFL cared one way or the other which game Manning got suspended for.


I'm a Bears fan and have no problem with the timing of this suspension. This has been coming for months. Everybody knew it was a possibility at least a couple of months ago and I don't think the timing is suspicious at all.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3010
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flyover Country

Postby stomperrob » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:02 pm

Those who believe the timing is suspicious probably also believe Elvis, Jim Morrison and JFK are all alive and living together somewhere in Michigan! :-D
Image
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13579
(Past Year: 160)
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Steeler Nation!!!

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:01 pm

stomperrob wrote:Those who believe the timing is suspicious probably also believe Elvis, Jim Morrison and JFK are all alive and living together somewhere in Michigan! :-D


JFK doesn't live there anymore. He moved in with Marilyn after the wedding.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

Postby Kilroy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:06 pm

D3C4K wrote:
Wenchtamer wrote:
JasonSeahorn wrote:charles barkley threw a man into a window.

beat that.


Ok.

Charles Barkley spit on a little girl in the stands in the middle of a game.






Barkley is the man.


Barkley's awesome. ;-D

To be fair, Barkley wasn't aiming at the little girl, he was aiming at some ****er yelling racial epithets at him, but his aim was off. Also, the guy he threw through a window happened to dump a plate of drinks on him and his party (I believe Clyde Drexler and two women) first. I'm pretty sure even some of the guys on this forum would've done worse to the punk if he pulled that crap with them. Back to Manning, even as a Bears fan I didn't want him to come here. Insulting and cursing out a guy for using a laptop, and then jumping him with friends and literally beating him into unconsciousness for asking management for help is a whole hell of a lot worse than anything Chris Henry did. It's not even close. People literally get killed everyday for doing a hell of a lot less to people than what Manning and his dip**** friends did, and I can't believe people are pissing and moaning about a one-game suspension for something that would get most people 15-20 years in prison. :-t


When Barkley was in court following the window "incident" The judge asked him if he had any regrets about what happened and Charles reportedly said "Yeah, I regret that it wasn't a second story window."
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:50 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact