Will we not be able to see the Denver-KC game tonight? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will we not be able to see the Denver-KC game tonight?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will we not be able to see the Denver-KC game tonight?

Postby crapshooter » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:20 am

I couldn't be on the NFL network even if I wanted to. It's just not available in this area. I can't believe they are starting this. Soon it will all be pay per view.
crapshooter
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:49 am

I belive if your in the regular market that this game would be brodcast on you can see it.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Munboy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:40 am

That's your cable company's fault for not carrying the network, not NFL.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Thursday » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:49 am

Only thanks to the digital cable hookup in my house, I will be able to see the late game today.
Thursday
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:42 pm

NFL Network is available in our area, but not on the cable provider that I have. Unfortunately the cable provider that does have NFL network isn't available in my part of town. Sounds like a good reason to move to another part of town. :~(

I think that eventually more cable providers will have the NFL Network. I think this totally sucks that the best game of today isn't available to everyone. I think the NFL is making a big mistake by allowing a network that isn't available to everyone to carry their games. I know that it's the "NFL" Network, but I have a feeling that ratings are going to be a lot lower than if the game was on ABC/CBS/NBC or even ESPN. But maybe this is all part of NFL Networks plan to get their network on all cable providers. You know that there are football fans all over the country that are calling their local cable provider and complaining that they don't carry NFL Network. I already signed an online petition for our cable provider to carry it. We'll see what happens but looks like I'll be listening to the radio tonight. :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Thursday » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:26 pm

Well, i think its's going to eventually be a good business decision by the NFL. Thank about it, after today, all those people who aren't able to see the game today will call up their cable provider, asking them to add it to their programming, and eventually, viola! NFL network carried by all sorts of carriers.

I read something to this effect on TMQ one week. He made a great point about it.
Thursday
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:54 pm

Munboy wrote:That's your cable company's fault for not carrying the network, not NFL.

Not quite that simple. NFL is asking for a lot of money for the right to carry the NFL Network, plus they're also want it on basic cable instead of premium. The NFL is also getting some flak over DirectTV's exclusive Sunday Ticket deal (where NFL Network games can also be watched, I think) and the government is looking into whether that is a monopoly. NFL is getting a bit too greedy right now.

The NFL Network wants us to call into their cable companies and complain. They think that will force the cable companies to accept the NFL's demands, but I doubt that will work. If it does work, we still get screwed because cable companies will likely jack up the price for it. Or we have to get DirectTV, and like that Comcast commercial says, why get a dish in the city of wind?
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:17 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
Munboy wrote:That's your cable company's fault for not carrying the network, not NFL.

Not quite that simple. NFL is asking for a lot of money for the right to carry the NFL Network, plus they're also want it on basic cable instead of premium. The NFL is also getting some flak over DirectTV's exclusive Sunday Ticket deal (where NFL Network games can also be watched, I think) and the government is looking into whether that is a monopoly. NFL is getting a bit too greedy right now.

The NFL Network wants us to call into their cable companies and complain. They think that will force the cable companies to accept the NFL's demands, but I doubt that will work. If it does work, we still get screwed because cable companies will likely jack up the price for it. Or we have to get DirectTV, and like that Comcast commercial says, why get a dish in the city of wind?

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. please make comcast carry it as well. :-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby jlfn56 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:50 pm

If you have regular digital cable do you get nfl network??

or do you have to call to get it
jlfn56
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:16 pm

If ya live in Canada it's gonna be on TSN as well as NFL Network according to the schedule so ya have two networks carrying it here.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Next

Return to Football Talk