Will we not be able to see the Denver-KC game tonight? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will we not be able to see the Denver-KC game tonight?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:17 pm

jlfn56 wrote:If you have regular digital cable do you get nfl network??

or do you have to call to get it
Depends on your cable company. My understanding was that NFL Network isn't in the basic cable lineup and that you'd have to spring for the premium package, if your cable company even carries it in the first place.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:41 pm

Now that's weird - I had to go to my 3 year old's concert - when I came home I find that the KC game is not on NFL Network, they have some show about the NY Fire Dept post 9/11 and their football team - the game however is on our sports channel, TSN
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:05 pm

stomperrob wrote:Now that's weird - I had to go to my 3 year old's concert - when I came home I find that the KC game is not on NFL Network, they have some show about the NY Fire Dept post 9/11 and their football team - the game however is on our sports channel, TSN

A lot of times if it is on a local channel, they will show something different on the national channel it was supposed to be on.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dissent » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:10 pm

Yeah, NFL Network is totally at fault here. They are requiring that everyone pay an extra 80 cents for the network, even if they don't care to watch it. I would love to watch football and all, but even I can admit that is a little unfair. As a fan, I'd be glad to pay a little extra to get the game, and would jump at the chance to get the NFL package.
dissent
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SDChargerFan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:50 pm

I have NFL network and the game isnt on...it keeps running across the screen that your local cable company has elected not to show the game (or the rest of the upcoming primetime games) and that you should call them to complain.

What a bunch of BS, all this hype since the season started and I cant watch the games even though I have the NFL network.
SDChargerFan
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:50 am

Don't worry the game sucked. Not much action and only 1 decent fantasy start in the whole game.

I actually left the game to play destruction derby after I got bored.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Munboy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:40 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
Munboy wrote:That's your cable company's fault for not carrying the network, not NFL.

Not quite that simple. NFL is asking for a lot of money for the right to carry the NFL Network, plus they're also want it on basic cable instead of premium. The NFL is also getting some flak over DirectTV's exclusive Sunday Ticket deal (where NFL Network games can also be watched, I think) and the government is looking into whether that is a monopoly. NFL is getting a bit too greedy right now.

The NFL Network wants us to call into their cable companies and complain. They think that will force the cable companies to accept the NFL's demands, but I doubt that will work. If it does work, we still get screwed because cable companies will likely jack up the price for it. Or we have to get DirectTV, and like that Comcast commercial says, why get a dish in the city of wind?

nope, the only games the SUNDAY ticket carries is on sunday. And not even the night game, just the afternoon games. DirecTv has nothing to do with the NFL network (besides carrying it)

As far as your cable company goes...you want to talk about greedy? Cable companies raise prices at a rate of 2-4 times the rate of satillites. The NFL knows if a cable company takes on the NFL Network, it'll be just another excuse to hike the rates. Who can blame the NFL for insisting the Network be on standard packages over premi?
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ateam » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:05 pm

SDChargerFan wrote:I have NFL network and the game isnt on...it keeps running across the screen that your local cable company has elected not to show the game (or the rest of the upcoming primetime games) and that you should call them to complain.

What a bunch of BS, all this hype since the season started and I cant watch the games even though I have the NFL network.

This was my situation as well.

Very classy to screw over NFL fans on Thanksgiving of all days.

A big FU to the richest owners in all of sports for sticking it to even the fans that pay for the NFL network.

Greed has reached ridiculous levels here, how sad.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk