Just how huge can one player be for your team.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just how huge can one player be for your team..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just how huge can one player be for your team..

Postby jdsun1 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:36 pm

I just checked the guy in first place in my yahoo public league and he has not made one move all season long and even has domanick davis as one of his starting runningbacks. So how the heck is his team 9-2 and in first place??? LT! I wish I could draft a team and then come back at the end of the season and see that I won without doing a thing.
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby firemanx » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:40 pm

Tony Romo doubled what he was predicted to do today, and opened up a huge lead on me. The avg High team score in my league is 75 pts.

p.s. Romo scored 36 on me
QB- Carson Palmer,
RB - Ronnie Brown, Frank Gore, jERIOUS nORWOOD, Kevin Jones
WR - Anquan, Andre Johnson, Lavernus Coles, Brandon Marshal, Arnaz Battle
TE - Chris Cooley
K - Stephen Gotowski
Def - Jax and Tampa
firemanx
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Just how huge can one player be for your team..

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:41 pm

jdsun1 wrote:I just checked the guy in first place in my yahoo public league and he has not made one move all season long and even has domanick davis as one of his starting runningbacks. So how the heck is his team 9-2 and in first place??? LT! I wish I could draft a team and then come back at the end of the season and see that I won without doing a thing.

And that's exactly why all public leagues are a total joke. :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tclangham » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:24 pm

There is a guy in my league who is in first place with a 6-4 record and has Dominic Davis also. But I am playing him this week with Romo - 32pts and I have LT vs Oak on Sunday. There is no way he is going to squeek by me with a win. As you can see in my sig, even thought I have Romo, LT, Dunn, Colston, im still in second place to a guy with only 1 loss and I was the one that gave it to him. But that is the price for playing public leagues.
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Postby beanoX3 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:45 pm

Well, with the way LT/2 has been playing this year, it's not too surprising to find teams that are basically mediocre in first place because they have LT/2. Averaging 3-4 TDs a week means you can just about leave your entire lineup empty and you can still win.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Just how huge can one player be for your team..

Postby 4Pack » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:48 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
jdsun1 wrote:I just checked the guy in first place in my yahoo public league and he has not made one move all season long and even has domanick davis as one of his starting runningbacks. So how the heck is his team 9-2 and in first place??? LT! I wish I could draft a team and then come back at the end of the season and see that I won without doing a thing.

And that's exactly why all public leagues are a total joke. :-t

Actually...isn't it a good thing this guy is not paying attention to his team? If he is in lst place now with just one RB...imagine what his team would be like with another one to complement LT.

Actually more than anything...is shows just how much of a luck factor is involved in fantasy football. Criticize public leagues if you want....but he would have an even better team if he were paying attention. For once...the other managers ought to be praying that this guy does not decide to show up now.
4Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:51 pm

No offense, but if someone in ur league is beating u only cuz of LT thats sad- the guy with LT in our league who doesnt check it is in last, and the only game he won was against me, cuz LT got him 46 and portis (my 1st rd pick) get hurt that game- and i only lost by 1

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bobbing_headz » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:50 am

Umm... In my PPR league WRs can be absolutely monstrous for a team. Teams usually score around 100-120, 120+ being a pretty good week, under 100 being pretty bad. I know I have Holt and Evans. Holt had about 42 on his 3 TD week and Evans had 50 last week so that's almost half my points there. Plus I have Colston at TE and in a PPR he's just dirty. He routinely racks up 20-30 points while most TEs are lucky to get 10.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:29 pm

In traditional scoring competitive leagues, a year like LT is having can make a good team dominant or a bad team competitive. He scores twice as many points as a good many other teams' No. 1 backs. That's a huge differential. In Peyton Manning's 49TD year where he made so many teams, he scored 372 points in 15 games or 24.8 points per game. This year LT has 277 through 10 games, or 27.7 points per game, even more dominating.

I'd be surprised if in a competitive league, the LT owner isn't atleast making a bid for the playoffs. In my 5 competitive leagues the LT owners are 10-1, 10-1, 9-2, 9-2, 8-3. All are in first place except one (2nd, 9-2) and all have high points scored in the league.

Since he started on his TD binge 6 weeks ago, he's averaging 36.3 points per game, 20+ points per game more than any other back except LJ and Parker. In almost all of my leagues, a 20 point per game differential would make any team in the league atleast a playoff team.

One player doing what LT is doing can definitely make a team's year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Favre.com » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:38 pm

I actually tested out CBS baseball last season and I drafted my team and never checked back (public league) for the rest of the season. I ended up winning the league by a LARGE margin. Looking at the final stats my team was borderline unfair :).

SJax/Holt/Bulger used to carry my team (the 3 TD game to Holt from Bulger was insane), then Pace got hurt and now I am seriously worried about Bulger.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Next

Return to Football Talk