Just how huge can one player be for your team.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Just how huge can one player be for your team..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby pangbones » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:24 am

The guy with LT in my league is tied for first in his division. His team is solid, but not the best. But it's no coincidence that he's like 5-1 his last 6 games cuz of the monster numbers LT has put up. 100 pts is solid in this league. LT has put up 40+ pts in 5 of the past 6 games in this league. When 1 player is scoring that many points, the rest of his team needs only to be avg.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SDubya » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:32 am

The LT owner in my 12-teamer is 9-2 and leading in points by only 60. He's being a complete d!ck too...trash talking with over the top arrogance. I don't mind trash talking, so it's all good...but swap his LT with any other back including LJ and he'd be fighting for a playoff spot. His team just isn't that good.

Man, I really hope LT has a "human" weeks 14-16. Not likely to happen from what I can see, especially with Turner injured.

Okay, rant over.
SDubya
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:16 am

in my 3 leagues, one of the LT owners went from last to 6th place (10 man league), one is still about 4th place (12 man league), and one went from 6th place to 1st place (10 man league)\

i've never even had LT on a team before..... :~(

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby My team is injured » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:39 pm

in my 3 leagues, the team with LT (me in one league) is in first in points in 2 of the leagues

in my most competitive league, 7 of the 10 teams would be in first in points simply be replacing their first round pick with LT
All of my analysis is based on PPR
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:09 pm

If you have LT and don't win your league, you should just quit Fantasy Football.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer

Postby woodog22 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:26 pm

At 10-1, I'm tied for first with a team who has LT and Chicago. It hasn't been managed in a few weeks. I'm proud to say my top picks were Rudi and S. Smith. One team with LJ went 0-7. The guy traded LJ for James week 4. Bwahaaahaa.
woodog22
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deacon » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:51 pm

In my 10 team league the guy that has LT has lost 3 straight and dropped out of the playoff bracket (top 4 teams). I really hope he misses the playoffs cause I am the #1 team and I don't want to see LT in the first round.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Favre.com » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:25 pm

The guy with LT in my league is fighting for a playoff spot with LT carrying him while the rest of his team is horrid. His best reciever is Derrick Mason / Eddie Kennison (yes, its that bad). I offered Holt and Rudi for LT and he said he would never give LT for anyone, period.

I think this is stupid considering I am obviously overpaying for him, but whatever. At one point I offered Roy Williams, Rudi, and Bulger for LT and Eli and he didn't do it. I figuire its not worth completely busting my team for LT. I feel my trade was quite fair, am I correct?
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby deacon » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:34 pm

Favre.com wrote:The guy with LT in my league is fighting for a playoff spot with LT carrying him while the rest of his team is horrid. His best reciever is Derrick Mason / Eddie Kennison (yes, its that bad). I offered Holt and Rudi for LT and he said he would never give LT for anyone, period.

I think this is stupid considering I am obviously overpaying for him, but whatever. At one point I offered Roy Williams, Rudi, and Bulger for LT and Eli and he didn't do it. I figuire its not worth completely busting my team for LT. I feel my trade was quite fair, am I correct?

Oh I don't know, Holt and Rudi haven't scored as much in the last 3 weeks combined as LT did last week.
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Timbathia » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:35 am

RJ24VC15 wrote:If you have LT and don't win your league, you should just quit Fantasy Football.

Pretty stupid comment as what LT does during the regular season means exactly squat once playoffs start. If he scores 3+ TDs in weeks 14, 15 and 16, however, then I would tend to agree with you.

I am gonna speak up for the LT owners out there. I have LT in my keeper league, but lost DDavis to IR before the season started and then Jordan has been an epic bust for me. I have fought through with Gore as my second back, but my depth will be tested in the playoffs if either RB gets hurt. I reckon I have had more bad luck at RB than good luck.

My point is that us LT owners arent all arrogant lay-abouts that just count our blessings and dont bother updating our team, trading, making moves etc.

BTW - I am 8-4 this year while the top team is 9-3.
Last edited by Timbathia on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk