No threads about Andre Waters? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

No threads about Andre Waters?

Moderator: Football Moderators

No threads about Andre Waters?

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:17 am

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Andre Waters, a defensive back who spent most of his 12 seasons in the NFL with the Philadelphia Eagles, was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound early Monday. He was 44.

His body was found at about 1:30 a.m. at his Tampa home, the medical examiner's office said. He had shot himself in the head. Toxicology reports were ordered, and results will be available in four to six weeks, the office said.

Waters' body was found by his girlfriend, Hillsborough County sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said. The woman's name was not available, and the sheriff's office had no further details, Carter added.

Waters, an assistant football coach at Fort Valley State in Georgia, joined the Eagles out of Cheyney State in 1984 and played with them at cornerback and safety through 1993. He was known as one of the NFL's hardest hitters and often was fined for some of his tackles. He spent his last two seasons with the Arizona Cardinals.

Tennessee Titans coach Jeff Fisher, who worked with Waters in Philadelphia, called his death a tragic loss.

"The personnel staff there when we got here said, 'This guy will never play for you. He'll never play for you.' And he proved everybody wrong," Fisher said. "He had a huge heart, and this is a loss."

Waters was in his first year coaching at Fort Valley State. Many students, including football players, are not on campus this week because of Thanksgiving.

"Everybody has been in such shock," Fort Valley State spokeswoman Cindy Gambill said.

Football coach Deondri Clark lauded Waters for an "outstanding" college career that enabled him to make the NFL.

Waters, who was born in Belle Glade, also coached at Morgan State, South Florida and Alabama State before coming to Fort Valley State this summer.

Funeral arrangements are incomplete.

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/sto ... 21&k=31807

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:08 pm

That's a real shame. My God those late 80's/early 90's Philly teams are flooded with tradgedy. Jerome Brown, Reggie White and now Andre Waters. Very tragic story. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. :,-(
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:42 pm

Ditto... thoughts and prayers.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Munboy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:55 pm

There is one thread, but he played awhile ago and wasn't sure people would remember him. I do, but I still just posted it in the Philly forums.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=306266
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:00 pm

Munboy wrote:Formally known as Mysticphysh

I think that should be "formerly" shouldn't it?

If you wanted to come back to GT we would have let you as mystic - you didn't need to switch names... :-?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Munboy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:45 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
Munboy wrote:Formally known as Mysticphysh

I think that should be "formerly" shouldn't it?

If you wanted to come back to GT we would have let you as mystic - you didn't need to switch names... :-?

Didn't switch names to come back to GT. In case you didn't notice, I posted a couple times under my old mysticphysh. I just wanted to change. Munboy is an old handle I used to use even before mysticphysh came around (which I've been using for about 7 years) and wanted to revisit it. ;-D

And you are correct about formerly.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mrblitz » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Andre "dirty" Waters. I was a huge fan of his back in the 90's. Being an Eagles fan, I loved his enthusiasm, and play. He will be missed. :,-(

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to General Talk