Any Harrington haters still out there? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any Harrington haters still out there?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any Harrington haters still out there?

Postby theimitator » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:25 am

After watching the guy yesterday toss 3 TDs (and one pick) and go for 213 yards in Detroit (and the Defense was not the obstacle yesterday), and seeing him lead the Dolphins to four straight wins, I'm just curious to hear if any Joey haters want to chime in.

He's no Dan Marino, but he's no Ryan Leaf, either.

To refresh:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... harrington
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JasonSeahorn » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:37 am

i'd hold off before saying that harrington is a great QB...the win vs chicago was because chicago handed it to them, even though harrington tried his hardest to turn the ball over :-b

the win vs KC, harrington did not post monster stats (like 55% completetion, 200 yards, 0 tds/int), but he didn't throw the game out so that's a good sign.

the win vs minnesota, he had again about 50% completion (42 attempts), with a TD and an Int and 250 yards, again just managing the game imo.

And yesterday's win was vs a horrible detroit defence, they would make almost any QB look good.

I don't mean to put Harrington down, i think he's doing a great job of managing the game, but i feel next year that culpepper will return as the starter unless his injury lingers for a whole year. and keep in mind, the miami defence has definetly been playing their best football of the season these past few weeks.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EagleFan68 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:29 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:And yesterday's win was vs a horrible detroit defence, they would make almost any QB look good.

Any Qb EXCEPT Ron Mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:38 pm

He is looking pretty good right now- the fact is, in detroit, he was set up for failure- nobody could have suceeded there.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:03 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:He is looking pretty good right now- the fact is, in detroit, he was set up for failure- nobody could have suceeded there.

........... and nobody is!!! :-D
Kitna can't, Joey didn't, and Garcia didn't.

I was a Duck (college years) and have high hopes for Joey Harrington.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby WannabeGuru » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:05 pm

Joey is the same average QB in Miami he was in Det, he's had better performances for the Lions than he did yesterday for Miami. Doesn`t make him a world beater, Lions fans have known for years tha Joey wasn`t not the ONLY problem, but he wasn`t going to take us where we needed to go.
WannabeGuru
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ateam » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:07 pm

I am most definitely a Harrington Hater.

The dude treats his top receiver, Chambers like a scab who crossed the line.

Either that or Chamber's is banging Joey's wife.

It is unbelievable. :-t
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:12 pm

WannabeGuru wrote:Joey is the same average QB in Miami he was in Det, he's had better performances for the Lions than he did yesterday for Miami. Doesn`t make him a world beater, Lions fans have known for years tha Joey wasn`t not the ONLY problem, but he wasn`t going to take us where we needed to go.

I have to disagree with you a little bit. Since I'm a Packer and a Bear fan (yeah I know) I saw quite a bit of Joey the past few years and criticized him heavily. I never saw him have the kind of confidence and leadership I saw yesterday. In Detroit he always had a scared look like he was always waiting for disaster, although you could always see there was some underlying talent.

You are right it doesn't make him a world-beater, but what it might mean is he's no longer a total loser, which is what he was in Detroit. He made some bad throws yesterday and is by no means a top-flight NFL QB, but maybe he could be a decent QB.

Like I said I have criticized Joey a lot but have to give the guy his dues today, I thought he played well overall.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:43 pm

4 good games don't make you forget 4 years of suck. How was he set up to fail in Detroit? After he was drafted they only drafted offense for 3 years. Mind you some of those picks turned out terribly but they were trying to get him some weapons.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:12 pm

portisfan24 wrote:4 good games don't make you forget 4 years of suck. How was he set up to fail in Detroit? After he was drafted they only drafted offense for 3 years. Mind you some of those picks turned out terribly but they were trying to get him some weapons.

Weapons don't mean much if you're running for your life with every snap and consistently having to keep up with an opponent who is scoring with every possession....

Harrington is a decent QB... He's not going to ever be in the same class as Drew Brees, but he'll likely remain a better passer than Michael Vick....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk