Any Harrington haters still out there? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any Harrington haters still out there?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sportsaddict » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:00 pm

I hope the guy makes something of his NFL career. Detroit ran him out of town and made him their scapegoat. The whole Lions team turned on him- everything that happened to Harrington in Detroit was ridiculous. He didn't deserve half the crap he took.

I think he will become a starter in the near future for somebody, and I think he will blossom into a decent QB. But I don't think he's going to reach the expectations he was supposed to after he was drafted.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Teck » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:45 pm

Only difference from MIA and Detroit is that Miami obviously has a defense, and a beter Oline than detroit, plus he has some receivers in Miami. Dont get me wrong roy williams isnt bad now but he was when joey was there. I agree that he is just the average joey, but I think he'll stay like this putting up a little above average numbers.
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:26 pm

I never thought Harrington was really as bad as some people made him out to be, but I did mock him because he was a Lion. Anyways, I did feel sorry for how the Lions scapegoated him though. The commentators of the Turkey game hit on it a bit, how pretty much the entire team turned on Joey and basically blamed him for their troubles.

He's got a good situation going in Miami right now, although I do wonder what he's gonna do next year. Culpepper should be healthy by next year and Joey may have a few teams interested in him if he can progress this year and cut out his dumb throws. But I doubt that he'll ever become one of the NFL's top QBs.

But maybe Detroit fans SHOULD pray that he suddenly emerges as a top-flite QB like Brady and Manning. That could be the final bit of proof needed to run Millen out of town, if he doesn't get fired after this year.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:41 pm

Harrington sucks. The Dolphin's ran 4 wide all day long and Harrington had a good day finding open WRs on quick slants and outs. Big surprise, Detroit D sucks.

The guy can't hit the broadside of a barn past 15 yards.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:39 pm

sportsaddict wrote:I hope the guy makes something of his NFL career. Detroit ran him out of town and made him their scapegoat. The whole Lions team turned on him- everything that happened to Harrington in Detroit was ridiculous. He didn't deserve half the crap he took.

I think he will become a starter in the near future for somebody, and I think he will blossom into a decent QB. But I don't think he's going to reach the expectations he was supposed to after he was drafted.

Word. ;-D

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby TheDiplomats » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:13 am

sportsaddict wrote:I hope the guy makes something of his NFL career. Detroit ran him out of town and made him their scapegoat. The whole Lions team turned on him- everything that happened to Harrington in Detroit was ridiculous. He didn't deserve half the crap he took.

;-D ;-D

Agreed. I think down the road, Joey Harrington could turn into a decent starter. A QB who can't win every game for you..but he wont lose it for you either.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Vixtor » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:25 am

Thanksgiving was a fluke. Harrington has had a few games like this in his career. Don't be an idiot. No player turns into a star suddenly after more than 60 professional starts. It just doesn't happen. Look at the other games this season. He picked apart the worst pass defense in the league and has otherwise played quite poorly. If you think the Dolphins are winning because of Joey then you are delusional.

I'm not saying he is awful or should be run out of the league. He's a capable backup QB and can be a mediocre starter if needed. That's about it.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby EagleFan68 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:35 am

Vixtor wrote: If you think the Dolphins are winning because of Joey then you are delusional.

I'm not really going to debate this, but if it's not because of Harrington, why is it then?

It's certainly not because of Ronnie Brown.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby theimitator » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:04 pm

Vixtor wrote:Don't be an idiot. Look at the other games this season.

Over the last 4 weeks (Turkey Day included), Joey has averaged 200/2/1 and 12.4 Yahoo standard FF points. That's against Chicago, KC, Minnesota, and Detroit. Those aren't AWESOME numbers, but better than such notables as Eli, Brady, and Grossman.

I'm not saying he's an instant superstar. I'm not saying I'm an idiot. What I am saying is that for a guy who was run out of town and left for dead by fans and players alike, he's doing OK.

From a post on 10/5:

RWLongy4 wrote:Don't ask for Joey until you know what your getting yourself into. Some ESPN commentator made what i thought to be an amusing remark this week something like... Joey Harrington would make a great vice president because no one would want to assasinate the president. :-D

Bottom line the grass is always greener on the other side, but believe me Joey has a big dog that does his business all over his side.
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gatorman1122 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:20 pm

Vixtor wrote:If you think the Dolphins are winning because of Joey then you are delusional.

Why yes...the Dolphins are certainly winning simply because C-pepp was forced onto the bench due to *COUGH*COUGH* injury reasons. C-pepp was awful when he was healthy and the Dolphins lost because of him.
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk