||MCNABB|| What a waste! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

||MCNABB|| What a waste!

Moderator: Football Moderators

||MCNABB|| What a waste!

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:13 pm

I freakin' hate this clown. He burned me last year and doing it in even a worse fashion this year.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby guest » Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:18 pm

I drafted McNabb in the 2nd round (leave me alone!!) and finally watched an entire game of his, since I'm a Cowboys fan. It ain't him, at least not totally. He has nothing on offense. His WRs are absolute dogpoop. Watching the game the announcer would show replays and say, "He was high to <insert scrub WR>" or, "He was wide to <insert scrub WR>"... and it was a good thing because usually those guys were nowhere close to being open.

McNabb is killing me, so I benched him for Couch (yes, I won somehow), but I truly believe that he needs good WR-play to open the field for his runs, which in turn open the field for his WRs. So far, nothing in that offense is working, but I don't totally fault him (as much as I want to).

I think the Eagles are grasping for straws on offense, which is killing him.

GO COWBOYS!!!!

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:42 pm

mcnabb sucks!! end of story.

Postby grugnur » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:53 pm

nobody gave staley much credit for what he did last year for the eagles, but the running game was much better... teams can blitz the eagles at will and mcnabb can't beat it
grugnur

Postby mannubhai » Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:53 pm

I am disappointed with McNabb too. I burnt my second round pick on him too in one of my leagues.

But I hope he bounces back.

The Eagles tough schedule does not help McNabb. I am not mentally ready to give up on him yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Talking about QB, what a bust Bledsoe has been since the first two games and so has been Brady.

Lesson learned... dont waste a high pick on QB next year. I would probably draft a QB in the sixth round next year and pick up a backup QB off the waiver wire.

I think the offseason moves and trades affect the QB fantasy production a lot. How? I dont understand.

Example: Who would have drafted Ramsey before the 10th round? Looks like Ramsey is top 10 QB now.
mannubhai
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Wesley Walker » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:17 pm

Drop McNabb at your own peril. He could show up to beat you in the playoffs. If its a choice between him or some #4 WR to fill a roster spot, I'd take McNabb easily. And at least he's not getting picked off.

But, yes, he's been disappointing. I drafted him but have started him only once so far -- this week.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cambodian » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:29 pm

Wait on McNabb...he'll be back...regardless of his WR's. He's a stud and studs perform under pressure. Just watch and see!
Someday Da Bears will return to Glory!!
Cambodian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk