Should I? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Should I?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I?

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:26 pm

Im trying to figure out what i should get for Christmas and recently i have been looking at an Xbox 360. Ive been a Playstation guy all my life but the price tag on the PS3 is ridiculous. I dont play video games enough to drop $600 + on one. I know there are a lot of guys here that own a 360. Was it a worthwhile investment? Are you pleased with it?

Ive seen two versions of the 360. One for $400 and one for $300. I looked them up and one seems to be the "Core" version and the other is the premium package. Sounds like the Premium package is a must though. From my understanding you cant save your progress or play online with the "Core" package. Why would anyone get the Core 360?

Thanks.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:30 pm

Apparently Gears of War makes XBox 360 worth the money. I haven't played any of them and I don't really play a lot of video games anyways so I'm not the best person to give advice.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:32 pm

Also noticed that the games for 360 are almost $100. Are all games that expensive? A guy could go broke fairly quickly!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eagles21 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:48 pm

I have recently gotten a 360 also. I was also a Playstation guy, but paying $600 for a video game system just isn't worth it to me. I think it was worth getting though, I say go for it. ;-D

I got the "Core" version. I'm pretty sure you can save your progress on the other version, but you have to buy a memory card. With the Core, all of the memory is in the machine so you don't have to buy a memory card. I think you can play online with both versions also.

Also noticed that the games for 360 are almost $100. Are all games that expensive? A guy could go broke fairly quickly!

Don't know where you saw games for $100, because the highest I've seen is about $60. Not too bad in my opinion.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:05 pm

eagles21 wrote:I have recently gotten a 360 also. I was also a Playstation guy, but paying $600 for a video game system just isn't worth it to me. I think it was worth getting though, I say go for it. ;-D

I got the "Core" version. I'm pretty sure you can save your progress on the other version, but you have to buy a memory card. With the Core, all of the memory is in the machine so you don't have to buy a memory card. I think you can play online with both versions also.

Don't know where you saw games for $100, because the highest I've seen is about $60. Not too bad in my opinion.

The core version is the cheaper version without a hard drive or online capabilities. You sure thats the one you got?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:17 pm

I got the core version, I'm not sure if it has online capabilities or not. I dont play online so I didnt really see the need. I dont play video games much at all so I figured I'dd just get the core system to mess around with little and upgrade it if needed, I'm happy with it.

Dropping $600 on a video game console is insane!!!! Ive always been a Playstation guy too and while the controller takes some getting used too on the 360, it still seems like the much better purchase. If you must have the Playstation wait a year to buy it, the price will drop. If you cant wait that long then rock the 360. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby eagles21 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:31 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
eagles21 wrote:I have recently gotten a 360 also. I was also a Playstation guy, but paying $600 for a video game system just isn't worth it to me. I think it was worth getting though, I say go for it. ;-D

The core version is the cheaper version without a hard drive or online capabilities. You sure thats the one you got?

Sorry about that. I have the more $400 version.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:11 pm

My son has also played Playstation his whole life, last year we got him the xbox , and he says he doesn't want anything else.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Sandrock » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:16 pm

I have a 360 and I just bought a Wii. I can say with certainty that I would play my Xbox over any Sony product. However, my Wii has me addicted. I haven't touched my xbox in a week.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:19 pm

If you are going to need an assortment of games, I'm not sure its worth it, but if you are willing to stick to a few, then it is worthwhile- the reason being that the games cost a lot in addition to the system.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk