Tony Romo the next Tom Brady. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tony Romo the next Tom Brady.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tony Romo the next Tom Brady.

Postby Crystalstorm » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:56 pm

Just look at his Quaterback rating over his first few games.It's unbelievable.Romo looks AWSOME !!!!!!!

I'd love to see what Romo's #'s would look like if he started the year at QB. A top 3 QB for sure.

I see Dallas going very far this year.With the way they are playing,it will be Dallas playing the Bears to see who goes to the Super Bowl.Dallas will only get better each week,as Romo keeps learning.
Crystalstorm
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RJ24VC15 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:59 pm

This whole Tomy Romo thing is hilarious.
RJ24VC15
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:00 pm

While I own Romo in a couple leagues (including a keeper) I don't think anyone should get ahead of themselves here. I've seen plenty of young QBs get their team to the playoffs and fold quickly. I think he may have the ability to be a strong QB for years to come but let's not start comparing him to the greats just yet.

I'll be quicker to start anointing him as such if he's still looking good this time next year, or continues to do it without all of the superstars (like McNabb did this year without TO) he's currently surrounded by.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:01 pm

Especially since he took over from the same QB that Brady took over from midseason- benching Drew Bledsoe is turning out to be the best move a team can make.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby EagleFan68 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:01 pm

RJ24VC15 wrote:This whole Tomy Romo thing is hilarious.

No kidding

Why don't you give him a chance to go through the league once. Let other teams see his tendencies and get a library of film on him, then see how he is.

But he has played well so far.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bdrotoronto » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:52 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Especially since he took over from the same QB that Brady took over from midseason- benching Drew Bledsoe is turning out to be the best move a team can make.

well except for the team that got rid of him to start Losman. :-/
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benb18a » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:04 pm

I hope he can continue to play nearly as well as he has. He completed over 80% of his passes against Indy and TB, two teams that don't exactly have poor pass defenses. Just think about how many 100% catchable balls TO dropped; I would say his accuracy could be around 90% over the last two games if not for that. Funny thing is, Glenn was on the Pats when Brady took over too :-]

And if Dallas keeps on playing the way they have been since Romo took over, then the Bears better hope Grossman doesn't get injured, and plays a perfect game when the two teams meet in the playoffs.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:06 pm

how many season has tom brady been playing? how many games has he won? and how many super bowls (don't fight back with the trent dilfer/dan marino argument PLZ)

romo seems like he is a good QB. but don't call him the next tom brady just yet.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Favre.com » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:23 pm

I am so sick of freakin' Romo. Comes out of nowhere for 1 and a half good games against joke DEF and suddely guys are saying he's top 5 and better then the likes of Brees, Bulger, and Brady.

Ok, with injuries taken into account, the TB DEF that Romo faced was a Div III team. Add in TO and his O-Line and I'm sure I could have gotten at least 2 TDs in myself!

I think Tony is a good QB, I would never trade a guy that I own (Bulger) for him because I need consistency. I need to see him do it week in adn week out (not like last week). I need to let other teams get film on him (as well as schemes against the O-line) and then see what he does.

I have seen enough QBs that started off like this and went nowhere. I am not saying that it will happen with Romo, I am saying that the way Romo is getting praised right now is beyond ridiculous.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Munboy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:30 pm

Just what the board needed. Another Romo thread! ;-D

I think I'll go make a Colston thread, because we dont' have near enough of those.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk