Midnight Madness!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Midnight Madness!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Midnight Madness!!!

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:38 pm

People were willing to sit in hours of traffic at MIDNIGHT on Friday to go shopping.

This place is about 15 minutes away from me, and I used to work there when I was in college.

Video

I swear...people are cattle. You tell them something is on sale at 3 AM, and they'll be there. All the outlets did was create a demand for it. Guaranteed they do it again next year, and there will be even more people there. :-o

There's another video on the outlets underneath the one that plays in the link called "Grove City Outlets Experience Midnight Madness." Check that one out too.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:55 pm

the big mall here in delaware opened at three am as well. i went there last night at about 8 pm and all the stores i went in the deals were almost non existent. nothing was crazily cheaper than any other time.

the one thing i bought i got today online at best buy. pioneer inno xm satellite portable radio/mp3 player+car kit+home kit+belkin headphones+plus a 30 dollar best buy gift card=249.99 before shipping. on top of that a 50 dollar rebate eventually bringing it to less than 200 hundred dollars and it was too good a deal to pass up. (just to give you an idea the inno itself goes for 300 to 350 depending on where you go)

lining up at 3 am is crazy. internet ftw ;-D
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby vitalogist » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:55 pm

logan wrote:the big mall here in delaware opened at three am as well. i went there last night at about 8 pm and all the stores i went in the deals were almost non existent. nothing was crazily cheaper than any other time.

the one thing i bought i got today online at best buy. pioneer inno xm satellite portable radio/mp3 player+car kit+home kit+belkin headphones+plus a 30 dollar best buy gift card=249.99 before shipping. on top of that a 50 dollar rebate eventually bringing it to less than 200 hundred dollars and it was too good a deal to pass up. (just to give you an idea the inno itself goes for 300 to 350 depending on where you go)

lining up at 3 am is crazy. internet ftw ;-D

the only thing wrong with that package is that it is xm radio, and not sirius...
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:55 am

That's ridiculous. My girlfriend went at midnight this year, just to experience it once. I would never take part in that :-o
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:08 am

I did it once to try and get a 21" LCD monitor for $150 at Best Buy (several years ago when they were pretty expensive, lol) and I was so relieved I got through the experience without killing anyone or just generally getting arrested. Most of the people in line were cool, sitting around in sleeping bags and talking, but of course there were the idiots who showed up late trying to cut into the line. Some claimed that friends in line were saving their spot and others just boldly cut and waited for a confrontation.

Then there was this group of people (I'll avoid any racial or social stereotypes here and leave it vague) who seemed like they gameplanned this whole outing by not showering for 3 months straight and constantly babbled loudly on and on in some gibberish on their cellphones. Almost unbearable standing next to these people and they got the most dirty looks. They were also the main culprits of 20 people showing up late trying to cut in.

The Best Buy store was pretty accustomed to Black Friday though, so they had employees occassionally watching the line and taking care of cutters, and smartly had the police show up around 3 am to ensure order. But if those cops weren't there, the situation was definitely primed for violence.

I'm never doing that again, unless some store is selling 65" plasma TVs for $20. Then I'll be there with a tent or something 3 days in advance.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk