have u learned anything nu about fantasy football? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

have u learned anything nu about fantasy football?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby superstar » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:35 am

I've learned it truly does come down to luck in the end.

Going into the draft I picked 6th overall in a 12 man league, with the game plan of drafting RB's in the first two rounds. I wanted Faulk but ended up "stuck" with Holmes who I just couldn't pass up at pick 6, even though I had my doubts. I actually considered trading down in the hopes of getting Henry and then another top RB earlier in the 2nd round. As it turned out, I lucked up with Ahman Green lasting all the way to my second pick.

So, luck shined on me in the draft. And my team is averaging over 105 pts per game, more than 25 pts more than anyone else. Despite all this, luck has not favored me in matchups, and I am 2 games behind our undefeated league leader, who is averaging a measly 75 pts per game.

So there you have it:

All the planning and thought in the world and you still end up with a team that, for better or worse, you didn't exactly want, and with a record that, for better or worse, you don't exactly deserve.
superstar
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:16 am

superstar wrote:I've learned it truly does come down to luck in the end.

Going into the draft I picked 6th overall in a 12 man league, with the game plan of drafting RB's in the first two rounds. I wanted Faulk but ended up "stuck" with Holmes who I just couldn't pass up at pick 6, even though I had my doubts. I actually considered trading down in the hopes of getting Henry and then another top RB earlier in the 2nd round. As it turned out, I lucked up with Ahman Green lasting all the way to my second pick.

So, luck shined on me in the draft. And my team is averaging over 105 pts per game, more than 25 pts more than anyone else. Despite all this, luck has not favored me in matchups, and I am 2 games behind our undefeated league leader, who is averaging a measly 75 pts per game.

So there you have it:

All the planning and thought in the world and you still end up with a team that, for better or worse, you didn't exactly want, and with a record that, for better or worse, you don't exactly deserve.

Well said and I agree. I'm 2-4 with a decent team. I'm leading my league in points scored yet I'm 2-4. This is week six. Of the six weeks we've played,I've been involved in 4 out of the 6 high scores for the week, and I"ve been on the wrong end 3 of those times.

Bottomline: I'm scoring lots of points, but the other teams are having career days against me. Not much I can do except ride out the storm and hope it stops soon.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:42 pm

This thread should be a must read. I'm so sick of some of these FFL players who think they are smarter than everybody else because there team is having a good year. I have Eric Moulds and Hines Ward on my team. Neither one of them have had a touchdown in four weeks. Does this mean I'm not smart in drafting Moulds and Ward, or does it simply mean I'm unlucky?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:07 pm

josebach wrote:This thread should be a must read. I'm so sick of some of these FFL players who think they are smarter than everybody else because there team is having a good year. I have Eric Moulds and Hines Ward on my team. Neither one of them have had a touchdown in four weeks. Does this mean I'm not smart in drafting Moulds and Ward, or does it simply mean I'm unlucky?

Good point. You are just extremely unlucky. In my league, on draft day, everybody thought this one team would be awesome, here is her roster:
QB Vick, Garcia
RB LT, George, Martin, E. Smith
WR Moss, Moulds, Rice, Streets
PK The guy who used to be in SF, can't remember his name
D NYJ, got them late, thoght they would be decent

Looked liek a solid team. He is 3-3. I just killed him this week. FF is all luck, unless you are stupid like one guy in my league who drafted Warrick Dunn in the second round, and McNabbin the first. This is my first year of FF, so I am still learning. I made a few draft-day mistakes, like drafting Todd Heap, and we don't start TEs, and leaving Ahman Green, Stephen Davis, and Crey Dillon stay til the 4, 5, and 6 rounds. I am overall happy with my team, I am 4-2. I have learned that trading isn't all it's cracked up to be. If you just sit tight with your team, you will do fine. I have made a couple trades that benefited me, but don't trade too much. One guy, has been obsessed with trading, and has messed up his team, he is 2-4.

This is a great forum
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby greatgretzky » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:09 pm

i think it is the latter. unfortuantely I ripped my brother for pickign steven davis as his number one draft pick, It hink 8 or 9 overall. looking like not sucha bad idea now.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby greatgretzky » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:10 pm

i think it is the latter. unfortuantely I ripped my brother for pickign steven davis as his number one draft pick, It hink 8 or 9 overall. looking like not sucha bad idea now.
greatgretzky
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk