Paintball - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Paintball

Moderator: Football Moderators

Paintball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:31 pm

Anyone here paintball? I used to, but that was a long time ago and I believe my gear is probably outdated.

I'd like to get back into it, but I'm curious to know what brands to look for and what to avoid. Any paintball experts out there with some pointers and advice?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:56 pm

No expert, but I love playing still. Whenever the guys come home we usually head to the woods and do some free-for-all's and other crazy games. Like, what's that one movie with Ice Cube, where they take him out to hunt him. We try something like that. Usually we give a new sucker a single shot pump, and send him out, so we can ace him. Sometimes we're the suckers ourselves. Then there's "Kill the President". One of us takes the dive and puts on an orange vest. We split up into 2 teams. Secret service and the assassins. The assassins hide on this old railroad grade, then after an OK whistle, the President and his Secret Service have to make it to an end point without the President dying. Then the only time the President can use a gun is if one of the agents goes down. Then occasionally we try some night games. There's an old barn out in a field with a ton of crap around it. We know the owners and they're cool. They have a big light that stays on the outside, so we put up a bunch of barrels, tires, push a couple old trucks into place and go at it. I would have to say the only thing I do know is that the Tippman seems to take quite a beating. About 1/2 the guys use the model 98, and I know they've all been through a lot, and still work great. Man, too bad winters coming. This threads got me pumped up. But, none of us are man enough to play with frozen paintballs. !+)
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:27 pm

only done it once, but it was a blast. i still cant convince my pastor to sponsor it as a church event. :-? :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Sandrock » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:56 am

I play as a fill in player for a semi-pro speed ball team in Oregon. I usually play back, since I'm a large samoan guy and really can't run the snake and bend and twist behind small bunkers.

I don't own my own gun, but I have played off and on for almost ten years now. I usually use the backup gun of the team captain, which is a DM6. He is currently sporting a DM7 as are the rest of the players that play seriously. The other guns I see a lot are all Bob Long models. Also sprinkled throughout, but not at the serious level, are quite a few Ions. It's a very nice gun for the price.

If you're just playing woodsball or just goofing off with your friends, there's really no reason to buy anything above a Tippman Custom.

As for Paintballs, Diablos are moderately priced and break well if kept at a decent temp. Unless you are woodsballing of course, and then just buy the cheapest out there.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:23 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:Tippman

Sandrock wrote:Tippman

Looks like I'll be looking into those Tippman markers. Thanks fellas. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby LT Blue Colt » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:30 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Are you planning on doing some for competition, ORS? Just curious, cause I couldn't confirm this, but I imagine 99% of competitors in that sport use full automatic guns, and I'm not sure if Tippman makes one. And, I have no clue as to any good ones, but I would check into some of the ones Sandrock suggested too. But, just for fun I don't think you can beat the Tippman on price and dependability.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:06 pm

LT Blue Colt wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Are you planning on doing some for competition, ORS? Just curious, cause I couldn't confirm this, but I imagine 99% of competitors in that sport use full automatic guns, and I'm not sure if Tippman makes one. And, I have no clue as to any good ones, but I would check into some of the ones Sandrock suggested too. But, just for fun I don't think you can beat the Tippman on price and dependability.

If shooting your friends in the woods isn't competitive, then no, I wouldn't need a fully auto. I don't think I'll be needing those crazy double trigger markers. Just something to put a green dot on a friend's forehead. !+)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:32 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

If shooting your friends in the woods isn't competitive, then no, I wouldn't need a fully auto. I don't think I'll be needing those crazy double trigger markers. Just something to put a green dot on a friend's forehead. !+)

Yeah thats awesome! Then they wipe the green away and theres a big purple mark. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Return to General Talk