Vikes? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vikes?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vikes?

Postby thefonze » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:16 pm

As a longtime Vikings fan, I need a sanity check. How many people think their for real this year? After what has happened in the NFC this week, I think they look pretty good. However, I'm used to themk snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
thefonze
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cambodian » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:22 pm

I think they're the real deal...the offense is stacked and the D is doing their better then ever. I wouldn't worry about the offense...the D is what would worry me if anything...they're too good not to put up mad points on offense!
Someday Da Bears will return to Glory!!
Cambodian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby thefonze » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:28 pm

Watching the Seahawks D getting taken apart by SF. Than thinking back to how the Vikings D skunked the niners. As any good Minnesota fan will tell you, I'm just worried it's a fluke
thefonze
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby pmix » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:41 pm

fonze, we're gonna find out if they are for real in the next three games. Den, NYG, GB, luckily all at home.

I'm a believer ;-D I think 12-4 this year is a possibility.
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby milkdudman34 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:47 pm

I think they are real. They look good.
QB: Bulger, Pennington, Rivers
RB: L. Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Tatum Bell, Anthony Thomas
WR: Marques Colston, J. Walker, Owens
TE: Witten
K: Tynes
DST: Chiefs, Bengels
milkdudman34
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby zombiez » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:41 pm

this team has been rolling up and smokeing other teams ever since it got that 2 point conversion for the win last season......they should continue to roll, prolly win there division, and if the NFC pattern continues the way it is now, prolly get home field, or at least a first weeks bye.......and lose second round of the playoffs....lol
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:55 pm

I like your chances ;-D Im guessing they will beat Denver, beat the giants and lose to GB.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:10 am

I gotta think 8-0 is a possibility. I think Denver scares me the most, but we might be getting them at a good time. None of them are gimme games. A good test after the rest.

What is Tice's record coming out of the break? (or is that just a Dennis Green stat?)

With Bennett talking about a Nov return it could get scary trying to defend our RBBC. Burleson and Campbell look solid. Tice had a damn good draft.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby KingGhidra » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:45 am

Looking at how they've played up to this point, how balanced their offense is, how improved and opportunistic the defense is, I've been pondering a 16-0 season for them this year. Their defense won't be able to bring them to 16-0, but they can beat Denver next week. I'm just curious how Mike Tice is gonna perform now that his team is gonna be the favorite and how he handles the pressure up to clinching a playoff spot.
KingGhidra
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AF » Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:13 am

Yeah I think that the Vikes are for real also this year. They will win the NFC North EAST them march into the playoffs with a rested team and then the real fun starts. About the Broncos thoush, I was watching the Pit/Den game lastnight and was that plummer wasn't playing when I flipped it on. I went back to playing Tiger Woods 2004 so I didn't catch what was up with that situation. Any news?
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk