Lame cuddling the QB penalties finally cost someone a game.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Lame cuddling the QB penalties finally cost someone a game..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jmog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:24 am

Yeah, the one on Hasselbeck last night was 100% retarded.

The guys hand only hit Hass's head because Hass turned into it. It wasn't like the guy brought a forearm shivver up to Hass's facemask or something.

The guys hand hit the Hass's back of his shoulderpads (by his name) first and then only slid up to the helmet because Hass turned into it. BAM, 15 yard penalty.

The NFL sucks to watch when crap like this determines games.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:46 am

Here's something to think about. If that's Drew Bledsoe instead of Vince Young I'll bet that's a sack 99% of the time, even if the guy lets go. The refs might let some plays on the QB go a little longer depending the QB. Think about it, if it's a Michael Vick, or McNabb, or Vince Young doesn't the play always seem to go a little longer than if it's a Matt Hasselbeck, or Brett Farve?

That back of the helmet call last night probably isn't called if that's a Michael Vick.

But I guess it also depends on the officiating crew. How far to let a play go?

Blah it all sucks. There are so many cuddle rules now for QB's it's getting far too crazy. This is why I'm not a ref.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby BigDballer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:47 pm

What is it with the blow to head calls... with arms!!! When hands meet helmit... helmit wins. Like the Packers game.. so what if his hand hit his helmit. Unless he is grasping the facemask, sticking his hand in his eyes, or closelining, the hands and arms arent going to do much.
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Matthias » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:51 pm

The story is the D lineman thought that the pass was already gone and was afraid of getting a roughing the passer. Although Tony Siragusi (sp?) said yesterday on WFAN that whenever he had the QB in his grasp and the pass was gone, the nearest ref watching the back of the play would tell him, "The pass is gone. Let him go."

So I'd chalk it up to a rookie mistake.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:06 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:That (roughing the passer) penalty was the turning point in the (Seahawks/Packers) game.

For the record, this wasn't the turning point in the game no matter how you look at it. The Seahawks were winning this game 27-21 at this point and the penalty was at the 50 yard line with just under 10 minutes left in the game. The Packers, if you didn't notice, had barely moved the ball the entire game so it would be a stretch to say they would have scored anything more than a field goal given a best case scenario of starting at their own 20 and even then would have given the ball back to Seattle for final drive even if they did.

I'll take Josh Brown at the end of the game every day. ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BigDballer » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:38 pm

biju wrote:
buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:That (roughing the passer) penalty was the turning point in the (Seahawks/Packers) game.

For the record, this wasn't the turning point in the game no matter how you look at it. The Seahawks were winning this game 27-21 at this point and the penalty was at the 50 yard line with just under 10 minutes left in the game. The Packers, if you didn't notice, had barely moved the ball the entire game so it would be a stretch to say they would have scored anything more than a field goal given a best case scenario of starting at their own 20 and even then would have given the ball back to Seattle for final drive even if they did.

I'll take Josh Brown at the end of the game every day. ;-D

Turning point no, breaking point yes. IMHO
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby drinklime » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:58 pm

sorry i dont remember all the names involved, but that Giants player that let Vince Young go, he was in the EXACT same hold that some Carolina player had Chris Simms in. Arms around the QB, head down, all you can do is push the QB down on his back.

Well here is what really happened (from my eyes): Chris Simms was injured EARLIER in the game. He could barely stand up and even fell down to one knee at one point. It was after that where he was slammed into the ground with no penalty, but JON GRUDEN kept saying that this was the play that caused the injury, even though it was a blatant lie he used just to take the heat off of himself for keeping Simms in the game

Gruden ALWAYS plays the Bucs injured (see Brian Kelly, Gramatica 2003, Alstott in 04 or 05, tried to force BK to play again this year with turf toe, but BK refused [and I think thats why Keyshawn pointed to Brian Kelly's banner after he scored a TD]). Anyway, after Gruden kept blaming this play for the injury, the NFL fined the Panthers player a few thousand dollars.

This is why the Giants player had to let Vince Young go. If he slammed him into the ground, he would have been fined thousands.
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting