Joseph Addai... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joseph Addai...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:35 pm

well look at the box score.....addai carried it 24 times, rhodes 15, and peyton threw 20 passes. Most games are not gonna have peyton throwing so few passes....addai can still get good fantasy stats with a goal line TD or somehting, but today is just a one time bonus for people who decided to start him imo.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warhawk » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:09 am

I find it strange that in a recent thread about top 10 RBs next season, Maroney was mentioned several times, including as high as 5th, but Addai wasn't mentioned at all, especially since Addai had more rushing yards, more receiving yards, and more TDs at that point than Maroney.

Now Addai has 179 more rushing yards and 222 more combined yards, and leads Maroney in TDs 8 to 5. Maybe he'll crack some lists now?
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby dorje3 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:51 am

While Addai's usefulness will continue to be curtailed by Rhodes' timeshare, (I see it in the neighborhood of 60-40 in Addai's favor), he will continue to be an extremely dangerous RB2 option. Dungy sees the future in Addai and understands that he will need to limit Addai's touches to keep him fresh for the playoffs. But Addai will still be used at all the critical points (3rd down, goal-line, etc.) of the game and will remain extremely fantasy relevant.

I think I could name ten RBs I would rather have right now, but I doubt I could find 15.
dorje3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby theimitator » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:33 pm

dorje3 wrote:While Addai's usefulness will continue to be curtailed by Rhodes' timeshare, (I see it in the neighborhood of 60-40 in Addai's favor), he will continue to be an extremely dangerous RB2 option. Dungy sees the future in Addai and understands that he will need to limit Addai's touches to keep him fresh for the playoffs. But Addai will still be used at all the critical points (3rd down, goal-line, etc.) of the game and will remain extremely fantasy relevant.

I think I could name ten RBs I would rather have right now, but I doubt I could find 15.

One could argue that Addai has been eased into the season, and is quite fresh, if not peaking during the last fourth of the season.

In Yahoo standard scoring thus far:

LT 235 pts
LJ 164
FWP 123
Westy 112
SJax 108
MB3 98
Addai 97
Rudi 96
Gore 95
Deuce 92

It's not unrealistic to see him as a top ten back at the end of the season. He's fresh, he's still learning, he's got a pretty soft schedule...
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby WickedSmaat » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:56 pm

theimitator wrote:One could argue that Addai has been eased into the season, and is quite fresh, if not peaking during the last fourth of the season.

In Yahoo standard scoring thus far:

LT 235 pts
LJ 164
FWP 123
Westy 112
SJax 108
MB3 98
Addai 97
Rudi 96
Gore 95
Deuce 92

It's not unrealistic to see him as a top ten back at the end of the season. He's fresh, he's still learning, he's got a pretty soft schedule...

Yahoo standard isn't the standard around here I know that. The most common is going to be the 10/1 with 6 TDs.

LT
LJ
Westy
SJax
Fast Willy
Gore
Barber
CTaylor
RJohnson
Addai

That makes him 10th in the list so far. But there's a few more guys right now I would take ahead of him:

SA
Portis
A healthy KJ and FFT

But after that I'd be hard pressed next year to take anyone else before Addai.

The only thing I see bright in the future right now is that Addai will most likely be the ROTY if he can grab atleast 3 more TDs by seasons end.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby skinsfan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:14 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Yahoo standard isn't the standard around here I know that. The most common is going to be the 10/1 with 6 TDs.
Portis

Yahoo Standard Scoring is terrible. I don't understand why they undervalue yards so much. They would do well to switch to the normal 10/1 and maybe even 4pt/Pass TD.

And as for Portis, he's out for the season so we'll have to wait until next year to rank him.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:00 pm

i hate the 4 pt pass td. I think rbs get overvalued relative to real life enough as it is.

I do agree that yards are devalued to the point that for qb's it takes a 300 yard game to equal one td by someone else. pretty silly.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Warhawk » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:19 pm

skinsfan wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Yahoo standard isn't the standard around here I know that. The most common is going to be the 10/1 with 6 TDs.
Portis

Yahoo Standard Scoring is terrible. I don't understand why they undervalue yards so much. They would do well to switch to the normal 10/1 and maybe even 4pt/Pass TD.

And as for Portis, he's out for the season so we'll have to wait until next year to rank him.

It's already the conventional wisdom around here to never take a QB before rounds 6-8, and you suggest we make QBs less valuable? :-t
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mrblitz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:28 pm

Addai, along with Maroney, are going to be sitting very high on my draft lists, next year. They are both going to be major studs.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk