Vince Young haters please stand up. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vince Young haters please stand up.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BigDballer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:49 pm

biju wrote:
TheSQUID wrote:Vince Young will be a top 10 fantasy QB next year around October ;-D

I would be shocked if he crept out of the bottom 10 by next year. He may have some talent and might have been able to do it on a different team, but he's not going to be on any of my fantasy teams next year for sure unless he could be had in the last round. And even then I'd personally rather have Carr than him.

I wouldnt say that so quick and next year... you never know what could happen but as of now I would rather have Carr.
( __ /)
(=*.*=)
( ")_(" )
BigDballer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VY » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:13 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:im a Vince Young hater, ya that's right, he's terribly overrated, although I have more respect for him than michael vick...he sucks, he runs too much (which won't happen for too long against NFl teams) and has the same issues as michael vick, just not as bad.

Runs to much? Like those two passing TDs and 249 yards through the air?

All this coming from a guy who everyone said would take 2-3 years to even be able to play on the same field with a NFL defense?
VY
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:35 pm

I find it funny that you join one day after Young's "breakout" performance. Perfect timing ;-D

He's not even at the level of a Tony Romo or Phillip Rivers. Lets not go overboard because of one game (a game they should have lost).

Great performance but one game doesnt make a star. See Mike Vick. Even if VY does it again next week, he is not a star yet. If he helps his team to the playoffs next year, then I think the "haters" will start respecting him.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:43 pm

wow.... he did well against a depleted giants defense???

better give him the league MVP ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:22 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:wow.... he did well against a depleted giants defense???

better give him the league MVP ;-D

Rookie of the year, hands down. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby nameless1 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:16 pm

Forget what the qb rating says, he's played the best of any rookie qb this year (we'll have to wait and see with Cutler), but it's to soon to tell if he's gonna be a great qb a couple years from now, but he's definitely playing better than i expected him to in his rookie season. I thought he'd have a lot more difficulty adjusting to the nfl but would still develop in a few years into a franchise qb.
nameless1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guru13 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:36 pm

VY wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:im a Vince Young hater, ya that's right, he's terribly overrated, although I have more respect for him than michael vick...he sucks, he runs too much (which won't happen for too long against NFl teams) and has the same issues as michael vick, just not as bad.

Runs to much? Like those two passing TDs and 249 yards through the air?

All this coming from a guy who everyone said would take 2-3 years to even be able to play on the same field with a NFL defense?
not only did the giants defense play utterly terrible, let's not forget the fact that they were forced to throw being down 21 points, which will pad any QBs stats. And yes he does run too much, I mean come on, he's fumbled 7 times this year, now he's only lost two of them, but you can only get lucky so often, total vince young has 12 TDs...he also has 10 lost turnovers, thats horrible, that means, for less than every 2 touchdowns he turns it over, actually every 1.2 touchdowns he turns it over, thats almost a 1:1 ratio, that's barely backup material.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby VY » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:52 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:he also has 10 lost turnovers, thats horrible, that means, for less than every 2 touchdowns he turns it over, actually every 1.2 touchdowns he turns it over, thats almost a 1:1 ratio, that's barely backup material.

What is his record again...as a rookie? 4-4

Again...

Even Leinart with Fitz and Boldin has less TDs and more Turnovers than Vince.
VY
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Guru13 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:58 pm

VY wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:he also has 10 lost turnovers, thats horrible, that means, for less than every 2 touchdowns he turns it over, actually every 1.2 touchdowns he turns it over, thats almost a 1:1 ratio, that's barely backup material.

Again...

and his O-line is probably ten times worse, by far the worst in the league, and fitzgerald has been hurt the last few weeks, that O-line has taken easily a top-5 back, and turned him into virtually nothing.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby VY » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:00 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
VY wrote:

Again...

and his O-line is probably ten times worse, by far the worst in the league, and fitzgerald has been hurt the last few weeks, that O-line has taken easily a top-5 back, and turned him into virtually nothing.

Worse the the Titans? Both of their tackles are 2nd year guys.
Not to mention, Vince has hardly anyone to throw to.
VY
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting