Vince Young haters please stand up. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Vince Young haters please stand up.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:06 pm

"4-4 as a starter"

So? Ben was 9-0 to start his career? Romo is 4-1? Look at Phillip Rivers.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Munboy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:20 pm

One good game....lets all bow at his feet and kiss his god-like cleats.

ImageImageImage
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VY » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:37 pm

Again guys...everyone said it would take him 2-3 years to adjust...look at what he has already done. He is getting progressively better and better each game, just like he did at Texas.
VY
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby biju » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:04 am

I've also noticed that Roscoe Parrish has gotten better in consecutive weeks as well. If only the Titans could trade for Parrish then they'd have *two* one-week wonders!

;-7
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VY » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:25 am

biju wrote:I've also noticed that Roscoe Parrish has gotten better in consecutive weeks as well. If only the Titans could trade for Parrish then they'd have *two* one-week wonders!

;-7

Congrats..you fail at posting. You may now cease to exist.

Seriously, what kind of stupid comparison is that?
VY
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mattb47 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:36 am

VY wrote:
biju wrote:I've also noticed that Roscoe Parrish has gotten better in consecutive weeks as well. If only the Titans could trade for Parrish then they'd have *two* one-week wonders!

;-7

It's using the same logic as you are using when you are praising Young and talking about how good he is after 1 good game. He has been mediocre at best for the rest of the season with a sub 50% completion percentage....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VY » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:14 pm

mattb47 wrote:
VY wrote:

;-7

It's using the same logic as you are using when you are praising Young and talking about how good he is after 1 good game. He has been mediocre at best for the rest of the season with a sub 50% completion percentage....

At least he hasn't thrown as many picks as Big Ben. ;-D
VY
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby VY » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:41 pm

I just checked McNabbs rookie season for the hell of it.
He also had a 49.1 completion percentage.
VY
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mattb47 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:20 pm

VY wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
VY wrote:

;-7

At least he hasn't thrown as many picks as Big Ben. ;-D

The attack on Big Ben wasn't necessary. You are the one that brought up the topic of how good Young is now and all I did was point out flaws in your argument. So, Big Ben has thrown a lot of INTs, he still has a higher completion percentage, more TDs, and a higher QB rating than Young does.

Young: 114-232 (49.1%) for 1323 yds, 8 TDs and 8 INTs. Rating of 63.9

Roethlisberger: 213-347 (61.4%) for 2529 yds, 12 TDs and 19 INTs. Rating of 72.3.

Not trying to say that Big Ben is having a great season or anything, but pointing out that Young has fewer interceptions hardly is a case for him doing well.

I just checked McNabbs rookie season for the hell of it.
He also had a 49.1 completion percentage.

He also only started 6 games in the entire season. Surely you aren't trying to compare Young to Donovan McNabb? They aren't anything alike. McNabb has a much better throwing arm and is much more accurate of a passer than Young will ever be. Young just isn't a great passing QB, he never impressed me in college as a passer either, I think his good completion percentage in college was due to the fact that defenses are significantly worse leaving players wide open and with him being a threat to run, it left others open as well.

You are obviously entitled to your own opinion about Young, and judging from your username, you like him quite a lot, but my opinion of him in college and now is that he is a mediocre passer who is a good athlete. He's not as good of an athlete as Vick is, better passer though, so those probably balance out a bit and I would say he'll be around as good as Vick is in the NFL. My point was initially, before you started down this other trail, is that you cannot judge Young based on his one good game and ignore games like these:

14-29 (48.3%) for 155 yds, 1 TD and 2 INTs with 2 fumbles.

10-21 (47.6%) for 63 yds, 0 TDs and 1 INTs (he did have 1 rushing TD this game though....but 63 yds???)

15-36 (41.7%) for 163 yds, 1 TD and 3 INTs with 1 fumble

8-22 (36.4%) for 101 yds, 1 TD and 1 fumble

The Giants game was only his 3rd game out of 8 starts that he had over 50% completion percentage. This game is following a 36.4% completion percentage against Philly, so just don't be too quick to crown him as the next great thing.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VY » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:26 pm

Racist. :-t
VY
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting