Horrible Weather... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Horrible Weather...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Horrible Weather...

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:27 am

Man, we've been having some horrible weather out here in Vancouver. In the last month we set a record for rainfall. Just last week there was a boil water advisory cause some stuff washed into our water and now it's all murky. Then the last couple days we've had basically a snow storm. I mean we never get snow in Vancouver. Something like a foot and half of snow yesterday and still coming. Plus to make it worse my cable got knocked out yesterday and I missed the Colts game ( :,-( ).

Oh well, at least school is cancelled for today :-D ;-D
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:30 am

Should I not mention that it will be about 78 and sunny today?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:32 am

VaderFin wrote:Should I not mention that it will be about 78 and sunny today?

I hate you...

:-b
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Horrible Weather...

Postby Madison » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:53 am

bobbing_headz wrote: Just last week there was a boil water advisory cause some stuff washed into our water and now it's all murky.

8-o

:-o

Know the feeling though, they are saying we'll be sunny and 80 degrees Wednesday afternoon, but then down to 24 Thursday night with possible rain/sleet/snow. 8-o

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:21 am

For some reason the weather has been perfect here since about wednesday, sunny and about 60-70. I love it :-)
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby vitalogist » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:22 am

we feel ya down here in seattle.... same jetstream been kickin our butts too... now, this week - snow! mnf should be interesting....
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Horrible Weather...

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:23 am

Madison wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote: Just last week there was a boil water advisory cause some stuff washed into our water and now it's all murky.

8-o

:-o

Know the feeling though, they are saying we'll be sunny and 80 degrees Wednesday afternoon, but then down to 24 Thursday night with possible rain/sleet/snow. 8-o

;-D Gotta love that Texas weather. Nice here where im at with like 60 degrees and should be 75 or so today. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:37 am

The other thing is that when there's snow, people here are absolutely useless drivers. Most people are too scared to go out on the roads and then there is a ton of accidents.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:12 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:The other thing is that when there's snow, people here are absolutely useless drivers. Most people are too scared to go out on the roads and then there is a ton of accidents.

I hate inept drivers in snow. They either drive too slow or drive like maniacs here in Chicago. I can understand driving under the speed limit in inclement weather, but driving 15 mph on the expressway is pretty dumb. At least stay off the expressway.

There was this big snowstorm I remember though, in freshman year of college, which eventually turned into an icestorm and then back into a blizzard. 3 hour drive down to Champaign from Chicago turned into a 6 hour affair, and a whole bunch of cars and semi's in the ditches. Few actual cars slid into the ditches and median, but a whole bunch of idiots in SUVs and trucks who though their 4x4 could conquer the ice. Hilarious...

Actually saw this one guy in a Jeep Grand Cherokee up close pull over into the shoulder to bypass stalled traffic, and since 1+ feet of snow hid the ditch, he slid sideways and then flipped over, LOL. By the time tow trucks came to move the semi that had jack-knifed across the highway, all you could see of the idiot's Jeep was the side view mirror under all that snow. Also saw a car that somehow ran up a 4 foot concrete barrier and got stuck on top. Guess the snow shoved onto the side made a ramp for the out of control car to slide up, lol.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:36 pm

beanoX3 wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:The other thing is that when there's snow, people here are absolutely useless drivers. Most people are too scared to go out on the roads and then there is a ton of accidents.

I hate inept drivers in snow. They either drive too slow or drive like maniacs here in Chicago. I can understand driving under the speed limit in inclement weather, but driving 15 mph on the expressway is pretty dumb. At least stay off the expressway.

There was this big snowstorm I remember though, in freshman year of college, which eventually turned into an icestorm and then back into a blizzard. 3 hour drive down to Champaign from Chicago turned into a 6 hour affair, and a whole bunch of cars and semi's in the ditches. Few actual cars slid into the ditches and median, but a whole bunch of idiots in SUVs and trucks who though their 4x4 could conquer the ice. Hilarious...

Actually saw this one guy in a Jeep Grand Cherokee up close pull over into the shoulder to bypass stalled traffic, and since 1+ feet of snow hid the ditch, he slid sideways and then flipped over, LOL. By the time tow trucks came to move the semi that had jack-knifed across the highway, all you could see of the idiot's Jeep was the side view mirror under all that snow. Also saw a car that somehow ran up a 4 foot concrete barrier and got stuck on top. Guess the snow shoved onto the side made a ramp for the out of control car to slide up, lol.

It's even worse when you live somewhere where nobody know how to drive in snowy weather. Everybody just crawls everywhere except for the occasional idiot that flies past you going 75 when there is ice on the freeway. :-t
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk