Sonic Drive-Thru - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Sonic Drive-Thru

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you think that most Americans have a Sonic clost to them?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes : 47

Postby AVeagles27 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:27 pm

I live in MN, and last weekend me and three other friends decided that we were going to drive the the closest Sonic, which is in Fort Dodge, Iowa. We were tired of seeing all the commercials and hearing how good it was so we had to go. It took about 3 1/2 hours each way, around 300 miles, to get the there. I remember getting up at 7am and leaving at 8am because I had to be at work at 5 pm. It was worth it and I would do in again, but not a work day for me atleast.
AVeagles27
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mugrila » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:38 pm

AVeagles27 wrote:I live in MN, and last weekend me and three other friends decided that we were going to drive the the closest Sonic, which is in Fort Dodge, Iowa. We were tired of seeing all the commercials and hearing how good it was so we had to go. It took about 3 1/2 hours each way, around 300 miles, to get the there. I remember getting up at 7am and leaving at 8am because I had to be at work at 5 pm. It was worth it and I would do in again, but not a work day for me atleast.

That's dedication if I've ever seen it.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:58 pm

AVeagles27 wrote:I live in MN, and last weekend me and three other friends decided that we were going to drive the the closest Sonic, which is in Fort Dodge, Iowa. We were tired of seeing all the commercials and hearing how good it was so we had to go. It took about 3 1/2 hours each way, around 300 miles, to get the there. I remember getting up at 7am and leaving at 8am because I had to be at work at 5 pm. It was worth it and I would do in again, but not a work day for me atleast.

8-o

Man, they should pay you advertisement fees or something. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:32 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

8-o

Dang, that's like $25 in gas, much less the cost of the meal. It's good, but I don't know if its good enough for me to drive that far just for Sonic. :-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AVeagles27 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:32 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

8-o

Dang, that's like $25 in gas, much less the cost of the meal. It's good, but I don't know if its good enough for me to drive that far just for Sonic. :-o

I was about $31 in gas money, plus the meal, and I stopped at McDonalds both ways (I have problems when it comes to fast food), so all in all I spent about $45 on the trip. But like I said I had to have it, it was driving me crazy.

Funny because I just got done watching Herald and Kumar go to White Castle. I probally went a further distence, but no were near the same experiences.
AVeagles27
Water Boy
Water Boy

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:44 am

I really don't think there are any around me.

The only time I've ever seen one was the time I was in Kansas. 8-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:43 am

4 pages on sonic ;-D
none around me, but the ads are everywhere. which i find odd.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:05 am

Just in case anyone other than myself thought about how cool it'd be to own a sonic

Franchise Facts
These are the basic requirements to own a SONIC franchise:

The term of a SONIC franchise is 20 years, plus a 10-year renewal.
The franchise fee is $30,000, with a total initial investment ranging from $710,000 to $2.3 million.
You must have prior or current successful restaurant experience and/or strong entrepreneurial skills.
Royalty fees are 1 to 5 percent; advertising fees are 4 to 5 percent.
Financial Requirements Are:

Liquidity Net Worth
1 Store $500,000 $500,000
2 Stores $1,000,000 $1,000,000
3 Stores $1,500,000 $1,500,000
5+ Stores $2,000,000 $3,500,000
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:42 am

We have em in Tucson az and they were in Bristol Tenn too before I moved here 3 years ago.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby houstonherdfan » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:37 pm

There are 5 within 10 miles of my house. 2 of them are in Laporte, a town of about 24,000 people.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk