Guns N Roses concert review - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Guns N Roses concert review

Moderator: Football Moderators

Guns N Roses concert review

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:03 pm

so i saw GNR in Detroit this week, pretty good, even though it wasnt the origonal band and had some dude named Bumblefoot on rhythm guitar

Opening Band - some local band - i drank beers in the parking lot and then watched some of the ND/USC game at a bar inside the venue

Suicide Girls - yes, the tramps from the website came out and danced under the guise of a "burlesque" show which when worded that way my wife wanted to see. Every "dance" ended with them getting topless (well, with nipple tape :-t ). they should have just had a pole onstage, but oh well, it was mildly amusing...but when your encore is dousing each other with chocolate sauce and gyrating against each other you get a ;-D

Sebastian Bach - i give this a :-/ mostly becasue i had Skid Row confused with Warrant (which i would have rather heard)

GNR gets a ;-D overall, but if there is another tour guys, either realease Chinese Democracy so i can hear those songs, or dont play them

concert ran from 8-1:30 :-°
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Guns N Roses concert review

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:50 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Suicide Girls - yes, the tramps from the website came out and danced under the guise of a "burlesque" show which when worded that way my wife wanted to see. Every "dance" ended with them getting topless (well, with nipple tape :-t ). they should have just had a pole onstage, but oh well, it was mildly amusing...but when your encore is dousing each other with chocolate sauce and gyrating against each other you get a ;-D

My old lady kissed a Suicide Girl at the club she works at in Portland a couple weeks ago. I wasnt there but I'm sure it was pretty sweet. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:29 pm

I saw them in Worcester back at the beginning of the month! ;-D

Sebastian Bach was alright but I couldn't understand anything he said and the guitars drowned each other out.

Papa Roach was decent...could actually hear what they played although I didn't know most of the songs. I wish I got to see the Suicide Girls instead.

Then for GN'R. (BTW, if anyone wants to hear some of their new songs, gimme a PM)

They came on at 11:40. Everyone was bitching and moaning up until then about how late it was, even though they rarely go on before 11:15 anyways. The band themselves were great, but Axl's mic was messed up and cut out for a lot of the songs. When it was working, if he sang high it distorted his voice. :-[

About the new lineup. I think they're a very talented group. Most people may not know who everyone is because they haven't put out anything but once the record comes out hopefully the naysayers will give them a real shot. As much as I love Slash, I also love the new 3 guitarist lineup.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:13 pm

I would have liked to see them, but oh well- sounds like you enjoyed it, sooo yea cool.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:14 am

They sucked when I saw them play with Metallica 15 years ago and they can't be any better now. :-t :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:50 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:They sucked when I saw them play with Metallica 15 years ago and they can't be any better now. :-t :-b

That the same tour that had Faith No More in it FnJ? I saw that at the Silverdome, and thought it was great.

So did Bach play old Skid Row stuff? Axl the only original GNR guy now? I would be curious for how they sounded..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:07 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:They sucked when I saw them play with Metallica 15 years ago and they can't be any better now. :-t :-b

That the same tour that had Faith No More in it FnJ? I saw that at the Silverdome, and thought it was great.

So did Bach play old Skid Row stuff? Axl the only original GNR guy now? I would be curious for how they sounded..

yeah...he played the few hits they had..."I'll Remember You" and "18 and Life"

Yeah, Axl's the only one, the band sounded fine, Axl's voice is alot more gravely than it used to be, but it wasnt that bad. One of the local Sports Talk guys was there and said it sounded like Louie Armstrong singing GNR songs
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:29 pm

Guess you caught them just in time. Next show was canceled because Axl has strep throat: http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article. ... &fext=.jsp
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:41 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:

yeah...he played the few hits they had..."I'll Remember You" and "18 and Life"

Yeah, Axl's the only one, the band sounded fine, Axl's voice is alot more gravely than it used to be, but it wasnt that bad. One of the local Sports Talk guys was there and said it sounded like Louie Armstrong singing GNR songs

Your saying his voice could actually get WORSE than it was? God, these guys sucked monkey nuts when I saw them, and I wanted to sue to recoup the cost of my ticket and the lone beer I bought before walking out.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:13 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:yeah...he played the few hits they had..."I'll Remember You" and "18 and Life"

That's cool. I didn't mind Skid Row that much. They had some good songs off of the 2 discs I have: The Self Titled one, and Slave to the Grind. Pretty sure tthey were the first two, not sure if they even did anything else. But "Youth Gone Wild" was pretty good, and "Monkey Business" wasnt bad either. Liked "Quicksand Jesus" and "Wasted Time" too. But yeah. Not that many great ones.

So did GNR play a lot of the 'new' stuff? It will be amazing if that CD ever comes out.
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk