Guns N Roses concert review - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Guns N Roses concert review

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:01 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:yeah...he played the few hits they had..."I'll Remember You" and "18 and Life"

That's cool. I didn't mind Skid Row that much. They had some good songs off of the 2 discs I have: The Self Titled one, and Slave to the Grind. Pretty sure tthey were the first two, not sure if they even did anything else. But "Youth Gone Wild" was pretty good, and "Monkey Business" wasnt bad either. Liked "Quicksand Jesus" and "Wasted Time" too. But yeah. Not that many great ones.

So did GNR play a lot of the 'new' stuff? It will be amazing if that CD ever comes out.

oh yeah, they played Youth Gone Wild too

yeah, maybe 5 new songs...i think Democracy will actually come to China before Chinese Democracy comes out
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrblitz » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:11 am

I used to really love GNR, back in the day. I always felt like they could have been as legendary as the Beattles. But damn Axel screwd them up, and now I just have no interest. I do like Velvet Revolver, although, I think they may have broken up too, not sure.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aldridg6in » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:03 pm

mrblitz wrote:I used to really love GNR, back in the day. I always felt like they could have been as legendary as the Beattles. But damn Axel screwd them up, and now I just have no interest. I do like Velvet Revolver, although, I think they may have broken up too, not sure.

Last I heard, Velvet Revolver was still working on their new album so I'm guessing they're still together. If you have a chance to see them live definitely check them out. I've seen them twice and they're great. They throw in some GNR and STP songs. Scott Weiland is a great performer.

I wasn't a huge GNR fan but I liked a lot of their stuff. Too bad Axel steered them in the wrong direction. They came to Greensboro on this tour but I passed on the chance to see them. I'm not sure I'll like the new lineup.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:34 am

mrblitz wrote:I used to really love GNR, back in the day. I always felt like they could have been as legendary as the Beattles. But damn Axel screwd them up, and now I just have no interest. I do like Velvet Revolver, although, I think they may have broken up too, not sure.

Wow. Way too much credit given there. That's like getting 1 out of twenty right on a math quiz in third grade and getting your PhD for it.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Previous

Return to General Talk