Would you send money for a fantasy league to a stranger? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Would you send money for a fantasy league to a stranger?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Would you send money for a fantasy league to a stranger?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes : 43

Postby onnestabe » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:47 pm

I said yes, but only if the amount was small enough that I wouldn't be hurt to lose it. I am in a money league this year with some Cafe-ers, and it was only a $25 buy-in, so if something should happen, I am only out $25, which is not a big deal to me.

I wouldn't feel comfortable putting up much more than that unless we got someone I trusted to hold the cash in escrow until it was time to pay out.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:56 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:i generally say no, but i really don't trust people for the most part- for money leagues, i stick to just friends.

Considering the other post about your friend and how he was purposely tanking his team in your Dynasty league I would probably reconsider if I had friends like that...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:58 pm

As for the original question - since you never even bothered to contact me for season 2 of the Cafe Dynasty league this year Favre.com I'd have to decline...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby DrSpackle » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:24 am

I have. Last year I sent $50 to play in a money league to someone I only met through the Cafe. It worked out fine, the league was run professionally and all the members were active.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby King Colt » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:28 am

I voted no, but would consider doing it under the circumstances that you outlined - cafe regular, not a ton of money, etc....
King Colt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:35 pm

I voted yes because I do do it.

Kind of on an opposite note; Last year I joined a free league that the commish advertised a 50 dollar payout if someone else besides him could win it. And he paid it just as soon as I won the championship!

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Infidel » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:14 pm

Would never di it. Way too many bad things can happen. Problem is that you have no way of knowing how many other people know each other. Perfect setup for collusion and you'd never know.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Favre.com » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:00 pm

lmcjaho wrote:As for the original question - since you never even bothered to contact me for season 2 of the Cafe Dynasty league this year Favre.com I'd have to decline...

That league lost everyone except for me and you by about week 10, not sure why, I guess most league that are free tend to fall apart when interest due to losing is there. I felt that since so many were gone it would be close to impossible to find that many people to take over already drafted teams. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby eman » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:30 pm

I wouldn't. I only feel safe doing money leagues, betting, etc. amongst friends that I know and can trust. After all, that's what friends are for, right? ;-D
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby D3C4K » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:42 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I actually started a money keeper leauge with guys here in the cafe. All have paid into the paypal account and i am going to pay the winner from the paypal account. Some i know in person but half i have never met, but they were vets here at the cafe.

I'm in a similiar situation. Three of the regulars in my league had to drop out due to personal commitments, so I posted an opening on the "Classified" board here. Three guys from the cafe signed up, payed through PayPal, and I'll be paying out to whomever wins via PayPal or money order once the season's over (assuming I'm not the winner :-b ). Everything's gone well, actually. I wouldn't mind playing in an all-cafe league if everyone here is as pleasant to have around as the guys in my league. ;-D
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas