Would you send money for a fantasy league to a stranger? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Would you send money for a fantasy league to a stranger?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Would you send money for a fantasy league to a stranger?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes : 43

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:10 pm

I said yes. Ive been involved in a $50 redraft league for the last several years with guys i dont know besides being on the cafe. It is far and away my best league. I have not had any problems with it.

That said 2 years ago i participated in a money league with a Cafe Vet (Nebbie) and he stiffed the winners of the league.

Money leagues with strangers is risky but if you're smart about it theres not as much risk as you would think. I ALWAYS use paypal when sending money to someone i dont personally know. That way if they do stiff me i can at least send a complaint to paypal and they will freeze the persons account. Not a 100% gurantee but its defintely a deterent.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:17 pm

I voted yes.

I only play with people I know, however, the guy I send my $ to each year in my main $ league is quite strange. Quite strange indeed.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:32 pm

Favre.com wrote:That league lost everyone except for me and you by about week 10, not sure why, I guess most league that are free tend to fall apart when interest due to losing is there. I felt that since so many were gone it would be close to impossible to find that many people to take over already drafted teams. Sorry for the inconvinience.

No problem - I'm only bitter because I had LT and Reggie Wayne in that league... :-/
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mikemar » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:42 am

Depends, i am very active on a different forum (not sports related) and am currently hosting 3 money leagues, no one had a problem paypal'ing me over money and I am going to pay out.

one league is a 3 year keeper league too.
mikemar
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 28)

Postby mbuser » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:03 pm

i guess there are levels of strangers, but i voted no

i saw regular complaints when i worked in yahoo customer care where people would contact us, demanding that we track down some user/commish who they only knew through a random post on yahoo's message board, that took their money and disappeared from the league soon after getting it

that said, i've never met any of the regular posters on the hoops side, but i'd have no problems joining a money league with a good percentage of them
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:01 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:99 Times out of 100 my answer would be no. However, If it was a fairly low amount and the person was not only from here but also a "regular" who I've "known" a while I'd consider it.

Voted no but I'm with Kilroy.

I've never been in a money league, but mostly because me and my friends can't find 12 or more of us to take part seriously. Tried a 8 team league once, but it's not that much fun with 8 teams.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:11 pm

I wouldn't do money league, UNLESS there was some way to have the money put into a bank account that an outside person knows and they tell the bank(er) to send the money to the winner. I doubt that would work, but just a though ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Previous

Return to Football Talk