Week 13 Pickups - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 13 Pickups

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 13 Pickups

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:04 pm

Jay Cutler- sit on this guy and wait. If you're a McNabb owner that's sneaking into the playoffs with no QB, how does At Arizona and at Home vs. Cincinnati sound? Cutler will play even if the Broncos are out of contention because he's the future and the future is now. It's risky, but this could be a Billy Volek/Kerry Collins 4 TD situation in the playoffs.

Sammy Morris-Another guy who you should sit on for 2 weeks as he has at Buffalo and at home vs New York Jets in weeks 15 and 16. He looked good vs. detroit and these two run defenses are about on par with the Lions. If Ronnie Brown comes back this is an issue, but a broken hand and a bad season they might just call off a comeback if they drop the next two to Jacksonville and New England.

Terrance Copper/Devery Henderson- These two are widely available, and I'm not sure who I like better. These are immediate plays at WR3 and it should be a feast for both vs San Francisco next week. After that Dallas should be a problem, but Washington and NYG aren't too bad for the 15 and 16 matchups. Drew Brees likes to hit his WRs this year. Copper seems to be more widely available, but they're equal in my book. Colston is likely out for a while with his high ankle sprain.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:19 pm

Interesting write up. I am really high on Cutler. I have a low waiver priority, and won't know until Wednesday, if I get him. But if I do, I'll feel pretty good about having him as a spot starter.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:34 pm

Two guys I'm liking are Marty Booker and Justin Fargas if neither of them have been picked up already.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mrpu » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:32 am

I picked up Cutler and Santana Holms last week. I like the chances of good play for my playoff run.
Mrpu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Boozer » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:12 am

I believe Colston will play this week, correct me if I am wrong.
Boozer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:36 pm

Boozer wrote:I believe Colston will play this week, correct me if I am wrong.

Probably, if he is then don't play Copper or Henderson...especially Copper.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beanoX3 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:32 pm

I picked up Cutler in one league that has Delhomme and Grossman as my two QBs. Likely won't start him this week, but if he's able to move the offense without turning the ball over a lot, I'll be very happy.

I think Colston has a very good chance of returning this week, so Copper becomes the odd man out in the Saints WR rotation since Henderson will resume his slot role. It's pretty tough to depend on him there though, as he's very hit or miss with Horn and Colston healthy.

Booker is a nice suggestion though. He's been much more productive than Chambers even while getting fewer looks from Harrington this past month.

Sinorice Moss could be a guy to come out of left field in a week or two. Supposed to be healthy finally and the Giants could use a spark in their offense. Toomer's absense still hasn't been filled by either Carter or Tyree.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:51 pm

I put a claim on Cutler, as a McNabb owner my only other options on my roster were Roethlisberger and McNair, and with the matchups that Denver has Cutler's arm, he could prove to be solid down the stretch, at least that's what I'm hoping.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby EagleFan68 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:33 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:I put a claim on Cutler, as a McNabb owner my only other options on my roster were Roethlisberger and McNair, and with the matchups that Denver has Cutler's arm, he could prove to be solid down the stretch, at least that's what I'm hoping.

McNair is a solid playoff option, nice matchups
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk