Who else caught the Kansas vs. Florida bball game? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Who else caught the Kansas vs. Florida bball game?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who else caught the Kansas vs. Florida bball game?

Postby steelerfan04 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:49 pm

Easily the best game of the year so far. Kansas looked really strong, and I think they will only get better. They were my preseason pick for national champ so I'll stick with them.

Julian Wright is a complete freak, one of the best athletes in college bball. Darrell Arthur really impressed me with those clutch free throws at the end of regulation. Also liked that low post move where he pumped and fouled out Horford in OT.

Other thoughts?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:51 pm

The game sucked ;-7
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aldridg6in » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:56 pm

I only caught the first half because it was late over here on the east coast. I can't make an accurate judgement on Florida because they were playing without three of their best players because of foul trouble. I was impressed with what I saw of Kansas, and with Florida for keeping it close through all the foul trouble. I wish I would have stayed up for the 2nd half. Seems like it was a great game. I only hope UNC/OSU on Wednesday night is as good.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:03 pm

That was an extremely entertaining game. Kansas looked amazing, I have no idea how they lost to Oral Roberts. I guess they just had a really off night shooting against Oral Roberts.

It was good to see Florida get two open threes to win the game (even though it was a miracle they had a chance at the end of regulation) despite playing pretty badly, with Brewer, Noah, and Horford all in foul trouble very early (Brewer played what, 2 minutes in the first half?).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Sandrock » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:17 am

Free Bagel wrote:That was an extremely entertaining game. Kansas looked amazing, I have no idea how they lost to Oral Roberts. I guess they just had a really off night shooting against Oral Roberts.

It was good to see Florida get two open threes to win the game (even though it was a miracle they had a chance at the end of regulation) despite playing pretty badly, with Brewer, Noah, and Horford all in foul trouble very early (Brewer played what, 2 minutes in the first half?).

They lost to Oral Roberts cause they got outplayed. Plain and simple, OR wanted it more. Kansas looked flat in all phases of the game and OR was just fired up to be playing a team the caliber of Kansas. It really was an embarrasing loss for Kansas, no matter how much the announcers downplayed it.

This game was much better. I only caught glimpses since my roommate kept flipping the channel when I wasn't looking. And yelling at her just gets me smacked in the face. I did however catch the highlights and was impressed with what I saw. I still say Kansas goes out before the Final Four. I mean, it's Kansas.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ShoelessJoe » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:01 am

The problem was the Florida couldn't match Kansas' intensity early, which is something that will happen to Florida all year. Kansas opened the game on something like a 10-2 run and the Gators trailed from that point on. Florida must learn to deal with this immediately or they could lose a few more non-conference games before SEC play starts in January (the Gators will travel to FSU and then play Ohio St at home to wrap up their non-conference schedule). They also need to get some help from their bench, but that will grow with time as the #1 and 2 options off of the bench are a senior and soph but after that it's a long line of freshman. The Gators will need to get deeper to make a run.

Even though the Gators lost it was still an extremely entertaining game. And for the Las Vegas invitational, I gotta say it had surprising intensity from both sides. (As could be seen as the Kansas fans rushed the court after the win at the "nuetral court")
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to College Football