Gruden You Suck - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Gruden You Suck

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gruden You Suck

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:50 pm

Jon Gruden has single handidly ruined the Bucs. I hate him and i hope he is fired, although i know he won't be. We have drafted offensive players every year that have one good year and have left our defense to get old. Go back to Oakland.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Hermesz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:21 am

TB made a HUGE mistake with Gruden.

He's a tiny douche... and has NO idea how to build, or even sustain a franchise.

Turning your head into a walnut =/ good coaching.

The worst part is that this is a great time to rebuild that team... but they have the worst coach to develop a team.
Fat man in Under Armour vows to protect this Waffle House
Hermesz1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Panthers89 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:56 pm

Gruden did win Tampa Bay a Super Bowl.
Tampa Bay isnt what they use to be. A defensive powerhouse.
Panthers89
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby loganberries » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:18 pm

Gruden stepped in and took over the machine that Dungy put together.
loganberries
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby drinklime » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:52 pm

i have been saying this for years, no one would listen. once gruden won the SB he got a free pass in tampa to be absolutely worthless at running a team. just look back at all the players (and management) that have left because gruden and allen are so awful (keyshawn, mccardell, sapp, lynch, mckay)... and look at the trash they brought in (steussie, garner, tim brown)... then look at the players with great rookie seasons (williams, clayton) that have gone downhill since there is no one in the organization to teach them anything about the nfl
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Munboy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:15 pm

Panthers89 wrote:Gruden did win Tampa Bay a Super Bowl with a Dungy built team.
Tampa Bay isnt what they use to be. A defensive powerhouse.
'

fixed your post for you ;-D
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:21 pm

The team Dungy built was at on the tail end of its prime when Gruden got there. You consider the draft picks that Tampa gave up to get Gruden, and it is no wonder they ended up with no young talent.

I can't blame Gruden, but can't really give him a pass either. They should be better, but at the same time you could see there was going to be a significant dropoff in talent.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby godeep » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:44 am

I am so sick of people saying that Gruden got to the Super Bowl with Dungy's team. Who's team did he play in that Super Bowl? Bill Callahan's? I dont think so.

Sure he needs to do a better Job, but it has been the defense that has been the downfall this year.

I live in Tampa, and I am not a Gruden lover, but who else is out there? He did win the division last season when nobody expected them to compete.
godeep
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby drinklime » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:42 pm

godeep wrote:I am so sick of people saying that Gruden got to the Super Bowl with Dungy's team. Who's team did he play in that Super Bowl? Bill Callahan's? I dont think so.

Sure he needs to do a better Job, but it has been the defense that has been the downfall this year.

I live in Tampa, and I am not a Gruden lover, but who else is out there? He did win the division last season when nobody expected them to compete.

you just contradicted yourself... you are saying 2002 Bucs and Oakland were BOTH built by Gruden? Or you you mean Callahan took Gruden's Raiders, just like Gruden took Dungy's Bucs.

Gruden was great at calling plays for vets who can take advantage of tricky plays and formation shifts, but he is terrible as a coach and a decision-maker.

The only reason the Bucs won the division last year was our sissy schedule. Just to remind you, we barely beat Detroit (their winning TD was called a no-catch by replay), we beat Washington on a questionable 2-point conversion by Alstott (where he probably wasnt in), we LOST to the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers, and were SHUTOUT by the patriots.
drinklime
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby loganberries » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:01 pm

I didn't want my earlier post to seem like I was anti-Gruden. I was simply stating that he took a very solid team known for outstanding defense (much to Dungy's credit) and had great success with them. I think you have to give Tony Dungy a great deal of credit for what he did at Tampa. He left the cupboard full for Gruden to come in and do well. If you ever get a chance to read Gruden's book titled Do You Love Football...do it. It's a really great read.
loganberries
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting